Rules Proposal 9

Shared Captions  

25 members have voted

1. 1. How do you vote?

• Yes
    • No
    • Abstain

Proposal Name: Shared captions between same director corps, in the same division.

Proposal Details: No director may share ANY captions with their corps from the same division. Provided that directors are allowed to have multiple corps (mainly D1) in a division, his/her corps should have different captions. With this rule in place I have no problem with directors having 2-3 in any division. Now if you to have one of your corps from a different division share captions, that's ok because the point value will require to make some adjustment anyway.

Rationale: If you are going to have DIFFERENT corps. Let them be different. Not the same corps with a few adjustments (to cover your options).

Submitted by: Velour Knights

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes

Yes

I feel this is a solid comprise to allow the 5 corps for one director while also making it harder to bulk your corps up for finals by using similiar captions so I vote YES--assuming it can be done..

Abstain

I like the idea of the rule, but I am partial to both sides right now. There are multiple ways in which one can earn a high score using different captions per corps, but often, there are "nugget" corps in which you need to have, to make it really work. If you give one corps the "nugget" picks, the other corps could be left out to dry--as was the case with Tri-Color this season, though they finished 11th and had completely different captions than Emerald Regime, had they had 1 caption that was the SAME as ER, it would have bumped them up higher. But I do see the other case, where directors are pretty much using the same captions for all corps, that should not be allowed. I say, we could modify this proposal, to only allow 2-3 captions be the same.

Yes.

Roselle Park Conquistadors

no.

it doesn't hurt the leauge that bad... a few captions staying the same is fine with me.

~>conner