Rules Proposal 9

Shared Captions  

25 members have voted

1. 1. How do you vote?

• Yes
    • No
    • Abstain

I'd prefer this option to the "one corps per division" rule, but tell me this:

If I have, say BD07-24 (or whatever their value is) for one caption of one of my corps, does that mean I can't have BD07-24 for ANY captions in my other corps?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, should Proposals 5/6 pass.

I'd prefer this option to the "one corps per division" rule, but tell me this:

If I have, say BD07-24 (or whatever their value is) for one caption of one of my corps, does that mean I can't have BD07-24 for ANY captions in my other corps?

It probably means you cant use BD07-24 for the same CAPTION, say you chose them for General Effect Music, you wouldnt be able to do it for another corps with the same caption, but you could choose BD07-24 for GE Visual.

Right Matthew, that is how I understand it.

Edited by CincinnatiGloryMello

Yes

Gosh no, the only three captions shared rule already made me want to participate less, this is just #### if you want to run more than one corps!!!!

Well I'm glad that you were only sharing 3 captions but the rule reads as follows:

6) A corps director who has more than one division 1 corps, may only share 5 caption selections between his corps.

Example, a corps director selects SCV04 for GE Vis, GE Mus, Mus Brass, Mus Ens, and Vis Ens for Corps #1. Corps #2 may be only SCV04 it for four of these captions. All the other caption must be a different corps.

Which in itself is confusing.

I thought the rule as is stands is 4 shared captions. Either way I think that's too many. Unfortunately there isn't a compromise option in the proposals.