Worst Top 12 Uniform

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not a big fan of the Cadets uniform...

Blue Knights...blah if you ask me.

What... someone like me isn't supposed to jump in to this conversation? :ph34r: Threads like these justify the existence of my design work (click the link in my signature if you don't know what I'm talking about!)

Anyways... I've done my research, and figured I'd take this moment to share a quote from the FJM's uniform catalog, circa 2003/04 about the BK uniform: "Fresh as the snow-capped Rockies that inspired it, this uniform for Denver's Blue Knights (CO) is a Power-Flex with a unique revere overlay, drop front and matching double gauntlet look." :P

Phantom. Heaven help me, those whites just look hideous.

[runs and hides]

Okay, seriously--the Cadets, hands-down. After seeing how this year's show was received, I think all those reversible pants and flowery panels will be quietly, unceremoniously burned in a bonfire out behind YEA's offices. Past that, I think the overall 2003 streamline was a bit meaningless, but if I can't go back to the old unis, I'll gladly drop the gauntlets (a pointless addition--they don't really do much for the natural look of the uniform).

Other odds and ends:

-Crown's purple plumes = tacky.

-BD's stripes = distracting.

-Vanguard's overall look = played out. Overall, I like it, and it obviously fits the corps colors--but I think after the 2005 uniform switch (where the white obviously backfired), they've backed themselves into a bland corner. Personally, I loved the 2002-2004 uni, and I still wish they hadn't ditched it--I think it still had plenty of life, and was still a very contemporary look.

Phantom. Heaven help me, those whites just look hideous.

[runs and hides]

Okay, seriously--the Cadets, hands-down. After seeing how this year's show was received, I think all those reversible pants and flowery panels will be quietly, unceremoniously burned in a bonfire out behind YEA's offices. Past that, I think the overall 2003 streamline was a bit meaningless, but if I can't go back to the old unis, I'll gladly drop the gauntlets (a pointless addition--they don't really do much for the natural look of the uniform).

WOW!

thats a surprise! I thought everyone loved the classic phantom white look!

I love it. BUT

Oh my god.. the Black uniform they wore during the 96 championship season (and other years). THAT was amazing! I would love to see that again. I thought it would have been amazing for this past summer!

I think i like most of the top twelve unis. I loved the new madison look. I thought it was sharp as ####. If I had to pick i would say i didnt LOVE crowns uni. But its unique, and thats what its about.

crown - needs new look

boston - get rid of the new sequins.

cadets - assuming they go back to the all white pants/ no back thing...

bd - i dug the pin stripes from 04... not the adidas-track suit looking stripes.