Madison Scouts

Mark is the man...he and I marched 3 summers together (97-99). I'm glad to see the soprano's represent!!

What I remember most about Mr. Dunton (or Dun-Ton as I remember Chris Harmon calling him) is his energetic charisma, and his 100% positive attitude day in, and day out on tour. I recently saw him at the party at the stadium bar at finals, and he was exactly the same way.

No doubt Madison has gained another great leader and a perpetual MOTIVATOR!

Congrats!

Edited by mrshowfan

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt Madison has gained another great leader and a perpetual MOTIVATOR!

What a great name for the 2007 show... "Perpetual Motivation"

I like it. ^OO^

Jeff Spanos and the Madison Board of Directors made a tremendous decision in hiring Mark Dunton. I spent the recent DCI World Championships in Madison at "The Regent" -- the on-campus housing complex in the shadow of Camp Randall Stadium -- with Mark, his brother Keith, and several other former Scouts brothers. For years, The Regent was the move-in site for the Scouts, and we all had a great time recalling fondly our time together marching in the Scouts in the mid- to late-nineties. We also spent a great deal of time talking about our hopes for the current and future Madison Scouts. At the time, we had no way of knowing what was to transpire with the organization. If the past couple of months have been difficult, and it is always difficult to see guys go that dedicated so much to the corps, today -- combined with the hiring of Jeff Spanos as Exec Director -- heralds a wonderful new day for the Madison Scouts.

I had the privilege of growing up in Minnesota with Mark, as well as marching the 1997 season with him. He brings to the table the knowledge, skills and abilities required of a corps director. But it is the intangibles that truly set Mark up for success with the Scouts. He is driven, dedicated, open, direct, caring and demanding. He is also blessed with a truly magnetic and charismatic personality; something that will serve him very well in the weeks and months ahead.

The current and future performing members of the Madison Scouts will find Mark to be a fantastic motivator; somebody who will work with you to discover and put into action the potential that exists within....and you're going to have a whole lot of fun in the process.

Mark Dunton, like Jeff Spanos, is the quintessential Madison Scout. He is a Man who lives the essence of the Madison Scouts philosophy -- he strives everyday to make himself, and those around him, better human beings.

This is a good day.

Mark is by far one of the greatest instructors as well as one of the coolest, most chill people ive ever met. he will, without a doubt, do wonders with the corps.

if any of you get a chance to see him over the next few seasons on tour or whatever, i highly suggest sayin hey to him! just an all around good guy.

best of luck to the scouts and mark, i look forward to the beginning of a whole new chapter to the scouts history!

^OO^

What'd he play when he marched with the Scouts, strictly out of curiosity?

I would like to know also.

Mark is the man...he and I marched 3 summers together (97-99). I'm glad to see the soprano's represent!!

I was able to get this clue just by reading the posts...

I think his time with Academy (a seriously airtight organization) will only be an asset. This could be a great thing for the Scouts.

Now let's see who they bring in for staff...

• 3 months later...

:worthy:

why does every question asked -- even remotely related to the scouts -- always turn into an argument like this?

For crying out loud.

I wish them well. I wish they would be a little more forthcoming with news and information.. but we can't have everything.

I wish people would stop making the scouts the "line in the sand" nobody can cross, look at, talk about or think about.

Stef

Edited by ScribeToo

:worthy:

why does every question asked -- even remotely related to the scouts -- always turn into an argument like this?

For crying out loud.

I wish them well. I wish they would be a little more forthcoming with news and information.. but we can't have everything.

I wish people would stop making the scouts the "line in the sand" nobody can cross, look at, talk about or think about.

Stef

I tried to find the directors email a couple of years ago when Sal was director. They didn't have any listed. Just a general email to contact the office.

I think they just don't publish the staff emails like some corps do. Many of the other corps do not.