What Happened to Capital Regiment?

I think this is really sad and disappointing. CR had/has (and I beleive still has) so much potential. They are such a young Corps - by far the youngest Divison One Corps. I am choosing to believe that this year will hurt in the short term, but will help greatly in the long term.

However, I wanted to share something positive that I thought about on the train going into work today.

The kids of CR deserve HUGE RESPECT for performing so well in 2006. Their show was fun, accesible, well performed, and high energy. Given all the problems that were happening off the field, one would never know it from how the performed on the field. I know many people were completely shocked by some of the stories they heard after the summer ended - this is a testament to the determination, courage, and dedication of CR 2006.

I think we should all remember CR 2006 for their hard work, that awesome frisbee catch, and the high level of competition they brought to the activity.

Amen ... thank you to all who marched in 2006 ... this is a tough situation for all of you. Keep on keeping on ...

Sounds like a plan! My wife is out of town tonight so all 2006 Capital Regiment members meet at my house at 7:00 and I will treat you to some serious B-dubs! This will make up for the fact that Mark and I treated the staff to B-dubs this summer but not the members. I will call Mark and see if he can make it up from Florida for the party!

Hilarious...B-Dubs was a Star tradition too. It's funny how many things are "universal" in drum corps

all i have to say to that is OH BABY!!!! im on my way haha

Bryan,

It took a lot to write this down for the public to see. Thank you for your insight.

And, without taking away from this thread, I wanted to also thank you for the time I spent with you at Limited Edition. I had a great time there.

That's all. :)

Thanks Jeff! Would love to sit down and visit sometime but it always seems like I catch you wearing a kilt and playing your tuba (or is it a contra?)!

Both Limited Edition and Capital Regiment were filled with mighty fine young people whom I am glad I had the pleasure of knowing and working for. Even though drum corps in Columbus has had a relatively short history up to this point, there are many people who had their beginnings in either Limited Edition or Capital Regiment who are still activity involved directly with corps or related groups. Just today it was announced that Eric Ward was named the percussion caption head at Glassmen and Eric had his drum corps beginnings at Limited Edition.

Here’s hoping that an improved Capital Regiment organization returns for the 2008 season so that drum corps in Columbus continues for many years to come!

Edited by btracht

Bryan thanks for all of your comments..congrats to all the Cap Reg members especially those from 2006...let's all hope for change and see Cap Reg back in 2008 with all the creative juice from before with a new management style and personel...it's good for the drum corps community...a repeat of 2006 or 2002 or any year where the members had extra drama is not needed

I think this is really sad and disappointing. CR had/has (and I beleive still has) so much potential. They are such a young Corps - by far the youngest Divison One Corps. I am choosing to believe that this year will hurt in the short term, but will help greatly in the long term.

However, I wanted to share something positive that I thought about on the train going into work today.

The kids of CR deserve HUGE RESPECT for performing so well in 2006. Their show was fun, accesible, well performed, and high energy. Given all the problems that were happening off the field, one would never know it from how the performed on the field. I know many people were completely shocked by some of the stories they heard after the summer ended - this is a testament to the determination, courage, and dedication of CR 2006.

I think we should all remember CR 2006 for their hard work, that awesome frisbee catch, and the high level of competition they brought to the activity.

I agree 100%! I LOVED the show and was so shocked to hear of all the issues. I never would have guessed it with what was their best show yet--I honestly was saying, they will be closer and clsoer to top 12 next year, well maybe that will need to wait--but great group!

I just want to thank everyone who loved the show. I know that the show is the reason that everyone pushed through the summer. we all loved it and enjoied performing it. That made the summer worth pushing through. Once again thank you

I really hate to hear that Capital Regiment is not going to field a corp next year. I wish the organization the best in the future and I hope they incorporate a sound organizational structure. That corps has so much potential!! I heard last year's show was really good. I hope you all come back strong in '08.

Thank you Bryan for all the history. It's nice to read that this was not just a problem the past couple years, but for a long time.

On a side note, I'm super disappointed that I didn't read this post until today and therefore missed the B-dubs party...o well....maybe next time.

Finally, thank you to everyone who commends the CR06 members for all of their hard work. I aged out this year (marching 2 years with CR on snare), and they were definitely the two best summers of my life. I have met so many amazing members, staff, and people while marching and I love every single one of them. To read posts on here from people about how much they loved our show makes all those hot and butt-kicking days worth it in the end. As Bryan always said in '05 and in this post, drum corps is a Character Building Experience. Indeed it is.

Thank you to all for your support.

Here's to hoping for some good changes to allow CR to come back with some fire!

Capital Regiment Snare 2005 and 2006

DCI Age Out Class of 2006

Edited by UDsnare