What Happened to Capital Regiment?

Perhaps the question that needs to be asked here is, how is Cap Reg coming in getting back on their feet?

Perhaps the question that needs to be asked here is, how is Cap Reg coming in getting back on their feet?

Things are going great at Capital Regiment. They just launched a very cool new website and forum. Check it out at Capital Regiment

Rick has staff lined up for the 08 season and things are moving forward toward a very successful season. I think people will be quite pleased when Capital Regiment takes the field in 08. Right now what they need is the support of the entire DCI and DCP community.

As a parent of a member and a volunteer I think it is time we got over the negitive and move on to the future of this corps. Things are changing for the better and I think 08 is going to be the best season yet. I know we are looking forward to camps starting in Nov. B)

Straight from Jay's Profile

Colts 93, Limited Edition 90,91,92

Copied from your Signature Bryan

Limited Edition - Founder & Director 87 - 91

Bryan stepped down from LE early winter 91, early during the camp season. Mark took over during winter of 91 (Mark was Asst. Director in 90). To clarify, Mark was the director for most of the 1991 season, including tour (which is when several of the things Bud posted about happened).

Just FYI...

--

doug

Edited by perc2100

Things are going great at Capital Regiment. They just launched a very cool new website and forum. Check it out at Capital Regiment

Rick has staff lined up for the 08 season and things are moving forward toward a very successful season. I think people will be quite pleased when Capital Regiment takes the field in 08. Right now what they need is the support of the entire DCI and DCP community.

As a parent of a member and a volunteer I think it is time we got over the negitive and move on to the future of this corps. Things are changing for the better and I think 08 is going to be the best season yet. I know we are looking forward to camps starting in Nov. B)

Thanks for the update. The new site looks good (and I have fond memories of that flag when it debuted during finals week in 2003). I'm hopeful that this is the first of many positive steps that my alma mater needs to take to get back on their feet.

Who am I to have anything important to say... But Bryan started this post for a very good reason and I don't believe he deserves the posts that are coming of his LE experience. Bryan is a respectable person and myself as will many other past members stand up for his words. Not just members from 06... Us members that were there for years...experiencing the Capital Regiment tour for many summers...

Thank You Bryan.

My point of view from watching CR over the years:

First off, I agree with the prior post..... Bryan was simply giving a historical point of view as he stated. He wanted people to know how CR emerged out of thin air. And just because it was stated that it was a break away from Limited Edition, the topic still remains to be about CR. I am sure being a passionate drum corps alumni that it was very difficult for him to write that. With that in mind as an outsider to CR, please give the man a break, it's hard enough on someone like him, let not open up old wounds.

Secondly, When reading Bryan's initial post, he gave a pretty thorough history, and I for one really appreciated it. But if you notice at the end how it closes out giving CR his best wished for the future..... We as a drum corps community need to take in what was stated by him and move on. If there was anything in question about the post on any level, I am sure a press release or someone would have jump on here from DCI or CR to say something in defense. CR has been a respectable corps, and have experinced growing pains, and now they deserve the respect and support of the entire drum corps community as an organization. Whether Rick stays or leaves, it is ultimately about giving the members and corps as a whole the best experience they deserve.

With that said, I don't have the link..... but there is location for testimonials from CR marching members. I encourage CR members of past and present to post great thoughts on there and on here. CR may have issues, let the CR and DCI handle those. I am sure it would mean a lot to the powers that be if they started to see the members lift up and take the same ownership now off the field that you had being on the field.

And thats my $0.02 for now, and now back Bob Barker for our showcase showdown!!!

• Haha 1

• 15 years later...

A lot of the old comments show a lot about the culture of drum corps that is hopefully changing, but which we all know needs to change a lot more. "Congratulations for surviving, that makes it worth it" jesus christ it's marching band, not the Battle of Stalingrad...

• Like 1