Which show do you like better, Cadets 2003 or Cadets 2006?

Poll  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Which show do you like better, Cadets 2003 or Cadets 2006?

• Cadets 2003
    • Cadets 2006

I don't know who thought Rocky Point Holiday and Fanfare and Allegro would ever be a good idea to do in a drum corps...

Whaaa??? Cadets 1983 (Rocky Point Holiday) and SCV 1972, 1973, and 1984 (Fanfare and Allegro) beg to differ. It may not have been great arrangements of them, but they are great songs for drum corps.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2003 just kept on going... no real massive breaks in the hornline, and the drill did not let up. Also, the drum line threw down a difficult book (didn't they win that year?).

2006, 2 minute dance break in the middle of the show?

In my opinon 2003 Cadets, is the cleanest post 1983 show I've seen.

I love 2003 Cadets, it was out of it's time period but I loved it. 2003 over 2006 for me.

2003 Cadets, according to some friends that marched there, rivals 2005 in percussion.

Edited by ApocalypseTissue

Actually, I started this thread so that George Hopkins, who is a member of these forums, can read it and understand how fans of drum corps feel about the direction the Cadets' show design has been going recently and maybe use this information for show design in the future.

Do you honestly think he doesn't already know that 06 wasn't the most popular show they have ever done?

You don't have to make it your personal duty to say "I told you so!"

ok, you say 'dance break', i look at it as watching people go soaring 7 ft in the air off benches while listening to the Cadets drumline perform one of the hardest drum books i've ever heard..someone with an open mind may consider that entertainment....but i guess if you didnt like that they were flying off benches and having a tea party...I'm sure Hopkins and his design team would have loved just playing through the whole show with barely any breaks like they did in 2003 and 2004 and every other show that has already been designed in a similar format by the Cadets and the rest of DCI... So what they did in 2006 was different? 'different' does not equal 'poor design'

How about neither?

I would obviously pick 2000 over either of these, but I would clearly pick 2005 over either of those anyday.

So if your point is to make a comparison to show the kind of shows the Cadets should be doing, I don't think either of those should be included.

oh wow...which one did i like least.

#### thats a tough call cause i dont like either.

i guess 03 is more preferable, but only under duress

Plus 2003, finals night, my God they lit that place up! IMHO, they should have beaten Cavies (even though I loved their show as well) only on finals night. If I recall, they were pretty close.

I can think of like 10 Cadets shows that I like better than either year, so it's not really that interesting of a question. 2003 was, IMO, hampered by musical/visual books that didn't provide enough impact, although the difficulty level was quite high and they played it very well. And there have been more than enough pixels spilled on the 2006 show by this point.

But I've gotta agree with Penguin - they really gave it all at Finals in 2003. I saw them like 8 times that summer, and Finals was the only time they made me want to yell "East! East! East" at the end of Rocky Point. It was a worthy tribute to the 1983 Cadets.

Edited by ShortAndFast