CAROLINA CROWN 2006

Since when does a corps move up 4 places purely because of their brassline?

i wasn't saying that based solely on their brassline... i think visually they were about 6 or 7, and musically about 2 or 3... so i had them fourth. i was really impressed, their show was a lot cleaner than i was expecting visually.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wasn't saying that based solely on their brassline... i think visually they were about 6 or 7, and musically about 2 or 3... so i had them fourth. i was really impressed, their show was a lot cleaner than i was expecting visually.

Musically 2nd?? Horns + Drums = second in DCI? :rolleyes:

Please don't crucify me for having posted in this thread; I just saw the last past and thought I would respond to that last comment. I hope I don't get my account suspended....

I will reiterate what connor said..CC's brass book was anything but easy. There were plenty of technical passages, exposure out the ying-yang and killer drill moves while they played. I would venture to say that the brass book was as difficult as anyones, except maybe for Cadets or Phantom.

Not getting into this discussion or anything (seriously), but I just wanted to mention that whenever a member of the corps defends the horn book, they make special note to emphasize that the book is mainly STYISTICALLY difficult, and that technical passages (what "other corps do") aren't very difficult. I'm seriously not trying to start an argument, but I'm just compelled to mention that Crown people never talk about their book being difficult from a notes standpoint (I can't tell you how many times I've heard members give the "it's not about how many notes you can put on a page" shpiel), but performing "stylistically," rather.

Ok, so after my last post, I decided to scroll back, and wound up commenting on something else. Sorry. I'm done now, it was just the one thing that stood out.

whenever a member of the corps defends the horn book, they make special note to emphasize that the book is mainly STYISTICALLY difficult, and that technical passages (what "other corps do") aren't very as difficult. I'm seriously not trying to start an argument, but I'm just compelled to mention that Crown people never talk about their book being difficult from a notes standpoint (I can't tell you how many times I've heard members give the "it's not about how many notes you can put on a page" shpiel), but performing "stylistically," rather.

Fixed that one word in there :P

I don't think they say it's easy from a notes standpoint, just that more emphasis is put on the style than the technicality. :)

Edited by Nex

Fixed that one word in there :P

I don't think they say it's easy from a notes standpoint, just that more emphasis is put on the style than the technicality. :)

Yeah, your revision is moreso what I meant to say anyway. No worries.

Aye, no worries. I love it like it was my child, but it's just drum corps. People have different opinions, and even difficulty isn't always objective. :)

• 5 months later...

Saying that 2006 Crown got hosed is not being "disrespectful" to another corps, it is merely stating one's opinion. If that's the way we feel about it, so be it. Just like others feel that they didn't get hosed. Is that disrespectful towards Crown? It shouldn't be. In addition, I liked the BK show this year for the first time ever. But, personally, I do not feel as if it mastered what Crown did in 06. Obviously the judges thought differently, but if I remember correctly the purpose of a forum is to discuss opinions. Very few statements on here are facts. Go 2007 Crown, TRIPLE CROWN!!!