DCA DVDs on the way!

I just got a call from BVP to confirm my mailing address....they're shipping out my DVD today, so everyone in SoCal Dream who bought should be getting theirs soon...end of the week is my guess.

This means the others should sgart shipping...YAY!

I just got a call from BVP to confirm my mailing address....they're shipping out my DVD today, so everyone in SoCal Dream who bought should be getting theirs soon...end of the week is my guess.

This means the others should sgart shipping...YAY!

I'm driving through Columbus, Ohio, at the end of this month. I should call and offer to swing through Newark if any of my stuff is ready to ship, save both them and me the hassles of shipping.

• 2 weeks later...

John, it's the same complaints as usual.

THEY NEED A GOOD DIRECTOR. That's ALL. That would solve this entire problem.

Oh, and they need to rent a jib for the weekend. psst...it's not that expensive.

I'll be curious to see what everyone thinks of the product.

I haven't heard many positives yet on the quality - prelims is understandable, finals, is not.

Dream's finals wasn;t too bad...sound quality wasn't as good as advertised...I had it cranked and it was only moderately loud.

Camera work wasn't too bad...a lot of high schots tha dhjowed the drill, some nice closeups...a few medium distance shots. Looked like the majority of the brass line got some camera love...the guard, not so much...they could've used a little mroe face time or focus on what they were doing.

Still have not recieved CDs

I love my cd and dvd of my corps. There are so many wonderful aspects about both products. It is always a joy to see and hear my corps on the field of competition.

THEY NEED A GOOD DIRECTOR. That's ALL.

That would solve this entire problem.

I discussed this with the production company at DCA and they told me that all corps are invited to either submit production notes / cues to the production team in advance or simply have a corps staff member in the production truck while their corps in on the field to help direct the camera shots. So long story short, if you don't like your corps video production, they either didn't take advantage of one of the two above options, or the direction they gave the production company didn't match what you wanted see at a given time.

While I agree they don't come close to matching the quality of the DCI productions, think about the volume DCI sells relative to DCA. I'm sure if DCA could move 20,000-30,000 copies the DVDs, quality would improve quite a bit. On the other hand, think of the quality you would get if you asked a production company to tape a local band show that might sell 100 copies. What kind of time and effort would they extend to record that event?

While we as performing members would love to have Super Bowl quality coverage, it's not realistic to expect that (yet)... I'm just happy I get any type of video to file away for watching down the road some day.

Ryan J

While I agree they don't come close to matching the quality of the DCI productions, think about the volume DCI sells relative to DCA. I'm sure if DCA could move 20,000-30,000 copies the DVDs, quality would improve quite a bit. On the other hand, think of the quality you would get if you asked a production company to tape a local band show that might sell 100 copies. What kind of time and effort would they extend to record that event?

I would tend to agree with you if the amount we are paying for was realtive to the quality of the product.

The entire championship package for DCA this year on DVD is $139 which is on DVDR or in other words the same recordable DVDr you can get at Radio Shack .The DCI DVD Full Div I bundle with the CDs is also $139! This is all 24 corps with commentary, interactive menus(real graphics) , judges commentary and a professional grade DVD.

BVP has a vastly inferior product but they are chagring the same rate as DCI! Its just me, but I wouldn't call this settleing for a keep sake. They are way over priced!