Troopers Name Vis Designer

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all #####ing aside about bloo this or that, it's nice to see the Troopers getting aggressive and finding good people to write the show

Another Troopers announcement:

Troopers Executive Director Mike Ottoes and Corps Director Fred Morris are pleased to announce the appointment of Mr. Scott Carr as the Brass Caption Head for the 2007 season.

"I'm honored to be the Brass Caption Head for the Troopers,” commented Carr. “Their history of excellence and tradition is historic, and I plan to instill those ideals into a new generation of members. This is a fresh start and exciting chapter in the Corps' history, and I want to make it a great one. Heading up the Troopers 2007 Brass Program is the chance I have been waiting for."

Carr served as the Assistant Brass Caption Head at the Blue Stars (LaCrosse, WI) for the 2006 season. Carr also was on staff with the Phantom Regiment in 2005. Prior to his teaching roles, Carr marched several seasons with Star of Indiana, Crossmen, Bluecoats, and the Troopers playing contra bass.

Carr is the Associate Band director at Owen Valley High School in Spencer, Indiana. He also instructs bands and universities including Indiana State University (Drill Designer), Jasper, Forest Park, Gibson Southern, Vincennes Lincoln, Springs Valley, Lawrence Central, and East Lake High School in Tarpon Springs, Florida. Carr holds a Bachelors Degree in Music Education from Indiana State University in Terre Haute, Indiana.

He resides in Bedford, Indiana with his wife Jessica and his 3 old son, Sammy.

If this hasn't been mentioned yet, and forgive me if it has...y'all should really check out the promo video on the front page of the Troopers website.

Awesome creativity. :music::music::laugh:

Troopers

Congratulations Troopers!!!!! I'm glad you're back and it looks like in a very big way too! :music:

Edited by Lancerlady

Scott Carr is a great addition to the Troopers. Not only is he a great instructor, he is an alum of the corps. He aged out in 1996.