Disappoited with Bluecoats

Coats had better drill than BD.

And you don't see BD's drill holding them back.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:blink::huh::huh::blink::huh::huh:

Yep, you read that right.

I preface this remark by saying I am not disappointed with Bluecoats and consider their 4th place finish last year to be the success story of the season… what a great accomplishment. However, one cannot argue that at least in terms of the judges’ scorecards, the Visual elements of the show were the weakness.

7th in GE Visual (8th in Visual Rep caption)

6th in Visual (6th in the Perf & Ens captions and 8th in CG)

Therefore, I don't think it is off-base for someone to question how they are responding (or imply they should be responding) in the off season to this element of the program.

I’d certainly love to see them step it up a notch next year in the visual caption, but overall I have to say I could not be more pleased with the Bluecoats' end products since 2001 and I am overwhelmingly impressed with the 4th place finish last season.

I preface this remark by saying I am not disappointed with Bluecoats and consider their 4th place finish last year to be the success story of the season… what a great accomplishment. However, one cannot argue that at least in terms of the judges’ scorecards, the Visual elements of the show were the weakness.

7th in GE Visual (8th in Visual Rep caption)

6th in Visual (6th in the Perf & Ens captions and 8th in CG)

Therefore, I don't think it is off-base for someone to question how they are responding (or imply they should be responding) in the off season to this element of the program.

I’d certainly love to see them step it up a notch next year in the visual caption, but overall I have to say I could not be more pleased with the Bluecoats' end products since 2001 and I am overwhelmingly impressed with the 4th place finish last season.

The quote above is what the comment is based on. Much of the guard's problem was staging. I have seen Mitch's drills in BOA. He gets to a point and then they move to the next level like Gains or Murphy. If you think the drill was better than Blue Devils, you'll love the Kingsmen.

As a long time fan I am a bit disappointed that they did not deal with their main weakness which was their drill program. I know the new coordinator will help but Mitch has taken them as far as he can. It will be a shame when they do not move up this year because of that.

Err..our opinion is irrelevant. :blink:

The only person's opinion that is relevant here is Dave Glasgow's.

If he (and the whole Bluecoats organization, for that matter) are happy, then that works for me!