Wow!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is nothing more than a brilliant gimmick.

A lot of good pr will be generated for the Cadets.

Exactly what The Cadets need at this point. And because the show is suggested from a fan, you almost know that people will want to see it on the field (with a few exceptions).

Exactly what The Cadets need at this point. And because the show is suggested from a fan, you almost know that people will want to see it on the field (with a few exceptions).

Not if that fan is Mike Davis! :P

Contemplating whether I should submit a 50 Cent show jokingly or not.

~>conner

Contemplating whether I should submit a 50 Cent show jokingly or not.

~>conner

Don't joke. They have amps and they are not afraid to use them. :sshh:

So for some reason...at 4 in the morning last night...i felt like sending this one in:

Hello Mr. Hopkins.

My idea? I believe with all the "artistic" directions that many Drum Corps have taken, its time for something DCI has been lacking. Comedy.

While the recent Velvet Knight return is a nice addition to DCI, the humor of that once great organization has been missing for too long.

I think, The Cadets should take a look back at themselves, and laugh.

Think "A History of The Cadets". You prepare the audience for a serious look back at the history of one of the oldest groups around, and then blow them away with satire.

Take a look at old music, old styles, the fact that the uniform just wont change!, look at symetrical drill, the changes in horn instruments (old bugles duct taped together?), change the drums, marching the pit, high mark-time, the guard using old uniforms and then sequins and then today's guard costumes, use a door, use stages, sing the drum parts, play patriotic music, play broadway and disney! The possibilities are endless....as long as you poke fun at it ALL....

You could do an entertaining show of the history of drum corps, all while entertaining long time fans by making fun of their favorite shows....

Just an idea to start off the show:

Have a door placed in the center of the field (sounds familiar no? hehe). Announce "The future of drum corps!"

Have a few members bust through with woodwind instruments, set up a marching block and breath in deeply (getting ready to play). Just as the audience begins to panic, you pause, and decided "Maybe thats a bad idea?" And proceed to go through the past and present.

My opinion, we all need to lighten up and remember, its all fun....

End of Email.

I think this could be both educational (if done right kids will learn where drum corps comes from) and hilarious (for those who have watched corps for decades)....

As long as we leave the Giant Godzilla out of it I think the cadets could pull it off greatly...