top 5 moments in drum corps history

All of the 1979 Boston Crusader performances with that incrediable 25 man horn line, l played lead Bari. Made all the DCI finals except the nationals that year

My first competition in 1968 with the Norwood Continentals, Norwood Mass

My first competition as member of the Boston Crusaders 1978

My last competition as a Boston Crusader in 1979

1974 Kilties world open championships in Lowell Mass when the sprinklers came on and they didnt miss a beat.

1975 Madison, SCV and Blue Devils at the World Open and CYO Nationals in Boston

and one more

1975 Hawthorne Muchachos performance at the CYO nationals when the drum executution judge shook each of the drumlines hand after the performance on a perfect show in execution. That performance rocked big time

I know there is more but those performances stand out among many many since then.. some were defining changes to the drumcorp world

Dusty G

1968-70 Norwood Continentals

1970-77 21st Lancers Norwood Ma

78-79 Boston Crusaders

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that really happened?

sour grapes or what?

[/quote

Fabulous, isn't it?

1969 VFW Nationals : Execution Integrity: Kilties Drums, Cavies Horns, Troopers M&M

GE: All three!

1970: Trooper finesse and GE beats old-school Blessed Sac, Boston Crusaders, Garfield, et al.

1973-74 SCV raises the bar on musicality to beat old-school Troopers.

1988 Finals. The last show where members determined the outcome. Madison's execution, excitement, and determination overcame the superior design of SCV.

1983-85 Garfield renaissance thanks to transitionless amoeba form design coupled with great charts and playing.

I thank my stars I saw and heard it all live.

1st drum corps video I saw: 89 Madison Scouts "make his praise glorious"

That was one show I never got.

"Let's see...I think we should start out with Sandi Patti. What can we follow it up with? Oh, I know...Slaughter on 10th Avenue!"

4. Star...leaving ;(

A lot of people may say that with tongue in cheek, but Star leaving DCI and creating what eventually came to be Blast! has gotta be one of the top 5 most defining moments for corps. And it's a win win.

I see Blast! as a gateway drug. When my friends ask me about corps, it's the first thing I give them. If they like that, out comes a current year DVD set...usually 2003 (IMO top 4 are all great for newbies). Once they're hooked, out comes the hard stuff...like Suncoast Sound and Sky Ryders.

Edited by johnweldy

That was one show I never got.

"Let's see...I think we should start out with Sandi Patti. What can we follow it up with? Oh, I know...Slaughter on 10th Avenue!"

I've actually never seen the whole show..I just remember that we watched the opener on the first day of high school band camp my freshman year because we were playing that as our opener as well. We did a Scouts tribute of sorts that year, make his praise glorious, you'll never walk alone, and jesus christ superstar

can somebody explain the SCV bottle dance to those of us who are clueless, like me, since i really only listen to shows from 87 and after

try to find a video of SCV 1992...there is a mysterious website that has it...