How to Keep people out of DCA

It's a bit like saying "We want you to join us - as long as you don't vote". DCA doesn't seem to be making any sense on this issue. Same thing with DCI - only the self percieved big boys get to vote. That doesn't pass the smell test if you ask me.

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I am elected president of the new all age drum corps association of the United States of America - EVERYONE will get a vote.

But I can't promise that it won't rain at finals. Sorry.

^0^ ^0^ ^0^

If I am elected president of the new all age drum corps association of the United States of America - EVERYONE will get a vote.

But I can't promise that it won't rain at finals. Sorry.

^0^ ^0^ ^0^

Unless, of course, finals is in California where all of our weather happens in the appropriate season. :rock:

Unless, of course, finals is in California where all of our weather happens in the appropriate season. :rock:

Ya know - I was going to say that, but I don't want to appear to favor one region over the other. yet

PS - Carpenter, your freakin' birthday is over - let the drama begin!!!

^0^ ^0^ ^0^

Edited by SaraNYC

Welcome to the DCA rumor mill...please take a number...now serving # 7,974,372

It's not a rumor. I am running for Ultimate Ruler of the United Federation of All Age Adult Senior Drum and Bugle Corps in the Free World Excluding The East Coast.

It's a bit like saying "We want you to join us - as long as you don't vote". DCA doesn't seem to be making any sense on this issue. Same thing with DCI - only the self percieved big boys get to vote. That doesn't pass the smell test if you ask me.

Lets try and keep a handle on this.This is not DCA's idea.Its the Idea of a couple of corps who are bringing it to the table and then its "member corps" that are going to vote on the issue.NOT DCA.DCA will only enforce it if it passes.

Its really amazing to me that there is support for this.Its going to create less shows because the incentive to do 4 shows will go away.Why in the world would a corps travel 10+ hours to do a 10 min show and pay out upwards of 20k per trip unless there was a incentive to do so.???????

Folks supporting this need to take a look at how this will effect the shows they are trying to build.Without the corps participation,,there will be no shows.

DCI just had a meeting that could move DCA forward in years to come.I was really shocked to see that NONE of the corps from the NE attended.It further cements the notion that NE corps DO NOT want to expand the activity.That they want to keep everything the same.

This proposal is full of foul smell. <**>

Keep slapping yourselves on the back and telling yourselves your world champions or your the best of the best.Maybe someone will start to believe it.

It's not a rumor. I am running for Ultimate Ruler of the United Federation of All Age Adult Senior Drum and Bugle Corps in the Free World Excluding The East Coast.

But who gets to vote????????? :P

Lets try and keep a handle on this.This is not DCA's idea.Its the Idea of a couple of corps who are bringing it to the table and then its "member corps" that are going to vote on the issue.NOT DCA.DCA will only enforce it if it passes.

Keep slapping yourselves on the back and telling yourselves your world champions or your the best of the best.Maybe someone will start to believe it.

And that's the problem. It should be the other way around, DCA administrators from each geographic region should be making the decisions and telling the member corps that's how it will be.

When you let corps/directors have a vote OF COURSE they are going to vote for something that will be in THEIR best interest and give them a competitive edge.

And your comment about world champions? It's not a world championship. That is NONSENSE!!! It's a National Championship with a heavy regional (NE) tilt.

I finally figured out why rugby works so much better - because administrators, not teams, make the decisions, and because not only is the sport national but INTERNATIONAL with a true World Cup or championship, wheich means that the incentive to administrators is to make decisions that ultimately lead to the strongest possible United States team that we can field in order to compete on an INTERNATIONAL level. Yeah, the system is not perfect, but it makes more sense to me than the way drum corps is administrated.

And your comment about world champions? It's not a world championship. That is NONSENSE!!! It's a National Championship with a heavy regional (NE) tilt.

World championships is they way DCA bills it..I tend to agree with you that it more of a National Championship. b**bs EGADS...Sara and I agree on something. b**bs b**bs b**bs b**bs

I would love to see Inspires come back to DCA.I think they will be better prepared when they make the trip back.