How to Keep people out of DCA

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Logic will help you find the answer. Look at the top 8 from 2006. If only one of them is voting "no" (and I'm pretty sure you can figure out which one is voting "no"), then the other 7 are voting yes.

I must be missing something. Not all of the top 8 corps are from the NE. If this is a plot to get rid of the west coast corps, why would the south be in on it?

I just don't understand any of this. It's not like there's a bazillion dollars tied into winning a DCA championship. A championship is nice, but it's not the end-all for participating in Drum Corps. This ain't DCI.

Maybe I'm just naive.

The issue is not dead.....not at all. Have we not learned anything from our drum corps experience? Do you quit on your season in December?

There are some pretty smart people leading DCA and the member corps. Everyone will get a chance to debate this matter in January and, hopefully, we'll do what's best for the long-term future of DCA.

I have no idea why corps directors would not support this issue. Personally seems to me that DCA is not interested in expanding to the west coast. This would be a truly sad opinion.

Once again this is my opinion and not that of any corps or organization.

DCI Meeting in Chicago... Good News for All-Age Corps!

15 Corps Attend First Ever DCI Session

Only 7 votes for the proposal? 15>7 so in the long term... well, you know.

^0^ ^0^ ^0^

hrmmm I like the logic there Sara ....

15 DCA corps attended the DCI meeting ( 0 DCA corps from the Northeast were there )

7 DCA corps want to make it harder if impossible for anyone out of the northeast and anyone who is below 10th to not have a say ....

I say we let the Northeast keep DCA ... South, Midwest, West ... I say start a new organization and let the good ole boys of the Northeast have there merry little world to themselves

It is obvious that most people do not like change but it happens. So, in my heart felt opinion...(not to be an insult to anyone) The "Good Ole Boys" club of DCA needs to accept the fact that there are others corps out there and that the DCA world is growing every year. Every corps has to start somewhere and the Renegades are well respected by most people I know. The fact that they are being shunned just makes them stronger. Look out DCA the West Coast is here B)

I wish the Renegades a good start to the season and I can't wait to see what you do this year! B)

hrmmm I like the logic there Sara ....

15 DCA corps attended the DCI meeting ( 0 DCA corps from the Northeast were there )

7 DCA corps want to make it harder if impossible for anyone out of the northeast and anyone who is below 10th to not have a say ....

I say we let the Northeast keep DCA ... South, Midwest, West ... I say start a new organization and let the good ole boys of the Northeast have there merry little world to themselves

That's right - and I should be the President of it!!!!

RockStar for President!!!!

^0^ ^0^ ^0^