How to Keep people out of DCA

i'm with ya dude. it makes no sense to me, thats why i am wondering what the rationale is

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm with ya dude. it makes no sense to me, thats why i am wondering what the rationale is

Well, don't hold your breath waiting for an explanation. The NE block directors are set in their silent ways.

DCA needs a Sunshine Law.

even DCi lists proposals and their rationale

even DCi lists proposals and their rationale

I don't think anyone here has to guess what the rationale is with this proposal.

Its as clear as the car you have in the driveway.

I'm sure someone out East is going to offer the Renegades 20K to come out to their home show :) There's a new rule for ya. Anyone who votes for a new rule has to pay for it by monetarily compensating the corps it negatively affects :D

Maybe the rest of us SHOULD dive in with a DCI AA division...with finals being held in Indy from 08 to 18, it would give a nice ability to do some long range planning and would be a bit closer for everyone west of tuer Mississippi...probably a good deal for the South as well...

The negative would be a couple less weeks to work on the competitive program, but what the hell...

Or we could team up and do what DCI did in 72....form our own circuit to break away from a restrictive one...have a central location for champs, include everyone int he decision process, etc...

Or we could team up and do what DCI did in 72....form our own circuit to break away from a restrictive one...have a central location for champs, include everyone int he decision process, etc...

Sounds kind of like what is happening to me.

one question i haven't seen addressed here or the other thread:

what's the reasoning behind this proposal?

Me too. This simply doesn’t make sense. Where is the benefit in reducing the stature of one of the most popular corps on the field today? One that should be a model of how to start up a corps where there has never been any successful senior corps. I’d want to learn from the guys who were smart and energetic enough get that job done. Seriously.

Edited by The Oz

1. It should be obvious who the "no" vote is.

2. Though I used to dread and avoid the tour-rookie "snuggy" - what I wouldnt give for one right now. *sigh*

3. I am OVER DCA. Over it. Officially over it. My vote? DCI-AA -

The Drum Corps International division of Alcoholics Anonymous; "where all r welcome."

4. Travlr kicks ###.

That is all. Please bash my comments accordingly.

one question i haven't seen addressed here or the other thread:

what's the reasoning behind this proposal?

..............it is appears to me that there are simply not enough contests being hosted by member and affiliate corps, and this proposal would, in effect, cause for more shows to be put on across the country under the DCA flag, and not someone elses,....................I see no other reason why so many would support this proposed change,............... and yes, it immediately would effect the Renegades, and then any others in the future who gain a finalist spot,.........................I believe that the many comments on here deflect away from seeing the reason for this proposal, and wish that someone, anyone, would step up and reveal it publically, instead of letting this swirl out of control, like any good lawyer would want it to,........................

Edited by Gary Matczak