How to Keep people out of DCA

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

..............it is appears to me that there are simply not enough contests being hosted by member and affiliate corps, and this proposal would, in effect, cause for more shows to be put on across the country under the DCA flag, and not someone elses,....................I see no other reason why so many would support this proposed change,............... and yes, it immediately would effect the Renegades, and then any others in the future who gain a finalist spot,.........................I believe that the many comments on here deflect away from seeing the reason for this proposal, and wish that someone, anyone, would step up and reveal it publically, instead of letting this swirl out of control, like any good lawyer would want it to,........................

guess what...there are shows that have corps based 20 minutes down the road that don't get invited. why the hell were Sky and Sun not at Clifton? so it's ok for 2 southern corps, but local corps trying to build back up sit on their #####?

see whats gonna happen is this.....other corps besides renegades are going to take a long look at this.

we arent that far away from a return to 14 corps prelims and seeing the same faces at every DCA show....the old DCAWeat and DCAEast system we used to joke about...ya know...Emire, Cru, Brigs, Grennies....and then Bush, Cabs, Hurcs, Sky, Sun, and Bucs bouncing in between.

if this is what DCA wants, so be it, but i gotta be honest with ya, their ####### idiots if they want this.

guess what...there are shows that have corps based 20 minutes down the road that don't get invited. why the hell were Sky and Sun not at Clifton? so it's ok for 2 southern corps, but local corps trying to build back up sit on their #####?

Do you know that they were not invited? Just curious...they have both attended Clifton other years recently.

DCI just had a meeting that could move DCA forward in years to come.I was really shocked to see that NONE of the corps from the NE attended.It further cements the notion that NE corps DO NOT want to expand the activity.That they want to keep everything the same.

It is my understanding that the NE corps were NOT INVITED to the DCI meeting, and this was done on purpose.

I could be wrong tho.

And that's the problem. It should be the other way around, DCA administrators from each geographic region should be making the decisions and telling the member corps that's how it will be.

I believe that's one of the reasons DCA was created in the first place; the VFW/American Legion governed the activity. DCA was created so corps' would have a voice in the direction of the activity.

But what do I know...I only lived through the whole event. :rock:

What do I get this feeling that some Eastern people are thinking "Oh #### look at all the new corps. And they're not from our area."

Time to fill the moat and pull up the drawbridge..... <**>

I've thought of the reasons for this and all I come up with is incredibly selfish or just plain scared of the new (national) direction DCA is finally going.

Keep hearing the sound of a gunshot and someone screaming in pain.. (IOW - DCA shooting itself in the foot with this one)

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

DCI just had a meeting that could move DCA forward in years to come.I was really shocked to see that NONE of the corps from the NE attended.It further cements the notion that NE corps DO NOT want to expand the activity.That they want to keep everything the same.
It is my understanding that the NE corps were NOT INVITED to the DCI meeting, and this was done on purpose.

I could be wrong tho.

Just my limited knowledge of how things were set up. Yes, the majority of the NE corps were not there, and I believe that the reason they were not invited is they have no status with DCI. We, Chops, are an affiliate, associate, or something. But we have a status within DCI-Central and pay our dues. Therefore we were invited. Admittedly, for performance opportunities at this time we need to align with DCI for first season performances. We are slowly expanding DCA-Central. I am very interested to see more about how this is going to fall out.

As to the Class A corps responding to what is going on. I don't know how to respond to this. Currently we have the same status with DCA as we do DCI, and no vote at either. So, any response that any of us would make would just be so much bluster and positioning.

Instead of responding, let me posit this as what my feelings are about the future direction and membership of DCA.

PROPOSED NEW MEMBERSHIP RULE

- Every corps that attends DCA Championships and has performed at 2 or 3 consecutive (don't know what the proper number is) championships gets a vote.

- Corps that make finals in both Class A and Open get a second vote

- Corps that make finals and host a DCA sanctioned show get a third vote

This just came to me the other day, and I do not know how this would all flesh out, but it would be my wish for DCA to be inclusive of all organizations. Just my thoughts.

Cheers,

Bob

Edited by USNA90_Mello

I could be wrong tho.

Well, I'm only guessing, but perhaps DCI only invited the corps that expressed interest in doing DCI shows. And perhaps the NE all-age corps haven't expressed interest since they have enough of their own shows close to home via DCA.

I believe that's one of the reasons DCA was created in the first place; the VFW/American Legion governed the activity. DCA was created so corps' would have a voice in the direction of the activity.

But what do I know...I only lived through the whole event. :rock:

Well, much like the formation of DCI, that's what was needed at the time to move the activity forward.

However, some changes need to be made now in how the activity is administrated to continue to move the activity forward. The only question is - who's got the stones to do it? :doh: