That did not go so well.

Hmm, well, I didn't see myself as "courageous" for posting that...Its just an email.

I never really expected to make SCV, I have only been playing baritone for 2 months or so now. My high school is lame and doesn't march, so this is like a dream come true.

I wasn't "cut." I get to be in the SCVC! I am so happy to get to march SCVC, and I know I have a loooong way to go. Who knows, maybe next year I'll be in the A Corps, but it won't bother me if I am in SCVC next year too. As long as I get to march somewhere. I'm only 16, I got a long time in corps ahead of me :)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, well, I didn't see myself as "courageous" for posting that...Its just an email.

I never really expected to make SCV, I have only been playing baritone for 2 months or so now. My high school is lame and doesn't march, so this is like a dream come true.

I wasn't "cut." I get to be in the SCVC! I am so happy to get to march SCVC, and I know I have a loooong way to go. Who knows, maybe next year I'll be in the A Corps, but it won't bother me if I am in SCVC next year too. As long as I get to march somewhere. I'm only 16, I got a long time in corps ahead of me :)

man you have the total right attitude and the total right outlook! If it doesn't work out with SCVC or SCV in the coming years, Madison would love to have someone with

your head. DM material there...

You're off to the right start with a great organization... Good luck little dude! (NOT a dis...)

If you're 16, have only been playing Bari for about 2 months and recieved an invitation from SCVC, I'd say that you're off to a pretty darn good start. The average age in the Cavs last year was around 20. Sounds like you may have a good future ahead of you. :)

I love this guys attitude! :worthy:

I love this guys attitude! :worthy:

Ditto.... Then again some of it sounds kinda familar. Like Brad I started at age 16 with a corps that had been inactive for a full season. Really starting at the bottom of the heap compared to other corps but management was realistic about where we were and where we could go if we gutted it out. Really gave me an appreciation of all corps, not just the top ones.

Good luck Brad, Drum Corps is Drum Corps and it's all good no matter where....

You're a good man, Brad. You'll go far with that attitude!

GOOD LUCK NEXT YEAR!

That's one of the best things I've ever read on DCP. I hope other 2007 auditionees take a lesson from you! - ^OO^ - If you don't make it at your first choice, there are plenty of other opportunities to march. Don't get discouraged and don't give up.