Bridgemen rumor

This may have been the judge.

judge.jpg

:)

He was the guy who chased the Native American color guard judge out of the stadium at Trooper's home show! (Troopers beat out 27th for best color guard at their home show in 1976; the caption was judged by a native American in full headdress!)

We hired Captain Theodore Hornblower to have the judge run out of town! b**bs

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was the guy who chased the Native American color guard judge out of the stadium at Trooper's home show! (Troopers beat out 27th for best color guard at their home show in 1976; the caption was judged by a native American in full headdress!)

We hired Captain Theodore Hornblower to have the judge run out of town! b**bs

The old days. I think in '76 Wyoming was still just a territory.

The Indian Chief, "Judge" may have had some type of "treaty" with the Troopers, involving a pipe and some beads perhaps??

Wikipedia states, "Wyoming extended much suffrage to women, at least partially in an attempt to garner enough votes to be admitted as a state. "

I guess in '76, it was 27th's women who experienced some of this "suffrage". ( Had to be painful )

Wyoming was granted statehood in '90.

They have a road thru the mountains called "Dead Indian Pass" ("We hired Captain Theodore Hornblower to have the judge run out of town!" ) b**bs

:)

As I've stated before, when I was a young 'un, Troopers were my dream corps. I would

have run away from Revere and journeyed by covered wagon to Casper to march with them. Alas, I became a sea-faring man and then a Brit, as was my fate. (no regrets).

As I've stated before, when I was a young 'un, Troopers were my dream corps. I would

have run away from Revere and journeyed by covered wagon to Casper to march with them. Alas, I became a sea-faring man and then a Brit, as was my fate. (no regrets).

I love the Troopers too. Its great to hear that they are back. It would be wonderful to see them in the finals.

Great story, Russell. Actually, the roots of drum corps have a lot to do with keeping kids off the streets and out of trouble.

My brother and I who marched in the 70's are living examples of this statement. We were both heading down the wrong path fast. Someone more powerful then a judge made us march. Our MOM lol lol. We started marching at 12 and 13. We have talked over the years about our Drum Corps experience. We believe, that without the Glassmen taking a chance on us at such a young age, our lives would of been way different then they are today. I did not know how to read music well. And of course I did not know how to march. No disrespect, but back in the day band was not cool. Drum and Bugle Corps real cool. The tradition of taking kids off the street has been lost in the quest for the ring. The need to reach kids at risk is great. The Drum and Bugle Corps activity in the past has proven that this activity and kids at risk are a great match. And it worked well. The top three reasons this tradition has stoped are.

1. Money

2. Money

3. Money

My brother and I who marched in the 70's are living examples of this statement. We were both heading down the wrong path fast. Someone more powerful then a judge made us march. Our MOM lol lol. We started marching at 12 and 13. We have talked over the years about our Drum Corps experience. We believe, that without the Glassmen taking a chance on us at such a young age, our lives would of been way different then they are today. I did not know how to read music well. And of course I did not know how to march. No disrespect, but back in the day band was not cool. Drum and Bugle Corps real cool. The tradition of taking kids off the street has been lost in the quest for the ring. The need to reach kids at risk is great. The Drum and Bugle Corps activity in the past has proven that this activity and kids at risk are a great match. And it worked well. The top three reasons this tradition has stoped are.

1. Money

2. Money

3. Money

"Money, Money Money":

OUTSTANDING POST. :angry: I cannot begin to count the number of boys and girls that were SAVED by drum corps, "Back in the Day". The PAL & Parish corps were LOADED with the children of "Lower Middle Class" parents,and provided a "Safe Haven" for a supervised competitive activity.

The "Neighborhood" (Non Touring, no audition, tour fees etc) weekener units taught their members from scratch, managed and staffed in the main by low paid or "Not at all paid" managers and instructors. Brother, sister & "Moi" all began our drum corps careers as "Pre Teens" (1958 & 1959) and survived corps fratricides, rebuilds & disbandment (All in the same city BTW), to "Age Out" at the max age of 21.

Elphaba