Really Clean Non-Champion Shows

03 Cavies

03 Cadets

03 Phantom

Yeah I'd have to disagree with the cleanliness of 2003 Cavaliers. It had great demand, but there were quite a few visual tears here and there, the guard probably the weakest since 1998

Edited by ApocalypseTissue

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

03 Cavies

03 Cadets

03 Phantom

Both 2003 and 2004 Phantom had some pretty scary moments in the battery. Unclean to say the least.

I'm gonna have to go with BD 2001. Soooo clean, but it didn't have the meat in the book that Cavies did to pull off the ring.

Star 93? Did you guys see that 2nd to last halt at the end of the closer???

*shudders*

Heck of a time to have a few people totally blow their dots. I've always wondered if that one exposed set cost them that missing tenth of a point that could have been added to the Ensemble Vis sheet.

1990 Phantom Regiment

~G~

Someone finally acknowledges that Regiment did march a corps in 1990!!!

The 1990 show seems like its the ba**ard stepchild of Regiment. The show never gets the respect that it should. It even seems like the corps almost won't acknowledge its existence.

Star 93? Did you guys see that 2nd to last halt at the end of the closer???

*shudders*

Heck of a time to have a few people totally blow their dots. I've always wondered if that one exposed set cost them that missing tenth of a point that could have been added to the Ensemble Vis sheet.

I still stand by 93 Star. What you mention might be one of the only mistakes that occur. There are very few shows (including championship shows) where you can count the errors on one hand. 93 Star was one of them. It was one of the most amazing, spellbinding, and disturbing shows I have ever seen put on a performance field.

Edited by SpookyKid

Yeah I'd have to disagree with the cleanliness of 2003 Cavaliers. It had great demand, but there were quite a few visual tears here and there, the guard probably the weakest since 1998

And I'll re-disagree . . . that show is much cleaner than 01 or 04, or even 06, imo.

Edited by jake_the_hydra

True, they won't win accolades for having being clean overall - that show was still a beast. It would most definately rank up there among the most difficult in my opinnion, but for that same reason it seemed like it was still a bit more than even a talented Cadets corps could handle.

I'll agree with you there. 97 Cadets was incredibly difficult. But to whomever put Cadets and 97 and clean in the same sentance needs a new pair of glasses, and hearing aids. That show was dirty, dirty, dirty.

Someone finally acknowledges that Regiment did march a corps in 1990!!!

The 1990 show seems like its the ba**ard stepchild of Regiment. The show never gets the respect that it should. It even seems like the corps almost won't acknowledge its existence.

That show is like a study in performance visual. To watch prelims on video, an absolute flawless performance, precision, straight lines, smooth transitions, solid, mirror-like guard.

One of the best visual performances of all time actually.

~G~

Glassmen '99 - This show at least IMO was very clean. It was just lacking some key substance to push it past 5th.

Cavaliers '89 - still my favorite Cavalier show.

SCV '98

SCV '97

Cadets '95

Really I do enjoy the cadets 95 show but I could never say that was a clean show when the melophones wipe out going into an arc. Probably one of the reasons why they didn't win that year.