Otherwise I'm game.

No Piano Man?

You're insane. :P

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meds would be a good idea!!! :P

i think someone took something... don't ppl know to be wary of a bowl of skittles at a party?!?

Variations on a box of course! :P

this reminded me of the show Adair Co. HS from KY (who has won a ton of KMEA State Championships) did in '99...they rotated a giant cube around the field during the performance and *as cheeeeeesy* as it sounds...was bloody brilliant.

I see endless possibilities for a great entertaining show with the drill to back it. :) Can't wait...."A bottle of red, and bottle of white"... :laugh:

Personally, I wish they'd do Styx and do "Mr. Roboto" as a follow up to "The machine." :P

Edited by Lancerlady

I've been called many things in my, but insane is not one of them.

"Piano Man" is for my radio. Not a football field.

That's why they'll come up with an "arrangement", why are so many negative on this? You ask for an entertaining show with drill and then they give it to you with a drill...and nobody is interested. :laugh:

Maybe they'll do the musical that's going on with Billy Joel songs. Who knows, you can speculate but how can you "hate" when you don't even know what it is?

Sheesh I don't know what to think anymore... :doh:

I bet all you naysayers will change your mind when the finished product is revealed on the field.

Is it just me, or are The Cavaliers overated? Just my own opinion...sometimes I wonder how they get so much praise, when other corps are doing just as much progress with their shows.

Consistency in this past decade has a lot to do with it...not placing lower than 2nd since 2000 is a pretty good indication you can bet on 'em to deliver, whether it be with Billy Joel, "Machine" or the theme to "Barney and Friends".

I do agree with you in some regards concerning other units out there, but until we really see another design team take it to this kind of level over a multiyear stretch (I'd easily equate that Cavaliers run with the Cadets 3-peat of the 80's and mid-late 90's BD's dominance), the glowing praise will continue.

Here's one semi-reservation I do have: if this is Billy Joel show is indeed the creative offshoot of Carmel H.S. "Beatles" show as some have posited, finding a familiar melody may be tough initially, given how that shows arrangements came across.

Although, if things happen to end up in a more 2004 "Bond"-esque arranging style (enough of the familiar to keep the drum corps neophyte interested) , this might be the fan favorite in 07. :)

Absolutely brilliant.

This will silence (finally) the critics who claim you "can't do popular music on the field". If we're lucky, it will be incredibly successful, amazingly popular with fans, and will start a trend.

Having suggest that a corps present Billy Joel and/or Elton John (For years) I am thrilled at the possibilities with this choice. I especially hope you are right about setting a "Trend". God knows we need a shift in direction....musically

Triple Forte

Having suggest that a corps present Billy Joel and/or Elton John (For years) I am thrilled at the possibilities with this choice. I especially hope you are right about setting a "Trend". God knows we need a shift in direction....musically

Triple Forte

Amen, Amen, please start a new trend... :laugh: