A new tour schedule?

Galen

Would you be willing to redo your schedules?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be willing to redo your schedules?

• Yes
    • No

As part of our pushback until January, I'm considering restructuring the tour schedule. Right now we've got a lot of shows that only have 1 or 2 corps at them. Obviously, that's not a lot of fun.

Currently, we've got 214 shows, and typically have 4-5 shows per day. The new schedule I have in mind would have closer to 150 shows, with natural breaks in between blocks of shows. This should cut down the number of "no-shows" significantly. The major shows would stay intact, finals would still be in Charlotte, etc. I'd just be cutting out a lot of the regular shows and rearranging the order of the rest somewhat.

I personally want to do this, but I want to hear from you, the directors, first. It's your league, so you make the decision.

I have no problem with that.

I vote wholeheartedly yes to this. Less shows does give more contest in each show.

I have voted yes as I am in full agreement with the needed changes. Does this mean that if we have already submited captions they will stand unless we find some tweeking we need?

I have an idea. A smaller Pacific Rim tour. I think we can cut a few shows and have corps back in the states a little bit earlier.

Here's a summary of the changes:

The total # of shows has been trimmed to about 150 (down from over 200), with an average of 3-4 shows a day. Most of the venues with 1-2 corps at them are gone (sorry to those previously signed up for the Montana, Arkansas and Mexico shows...).

Additionally, there are "natural breaks" in the schedule (ie 1-2 shows, then a day off, etc) to simulate the ebb and flow of the DCI calendar, instead of just having "show show show show show..." which invariably led to poor attendance at many shows.

No shows on Sundays, witn 1 exception (even the most active of us need a break :). Also, no shows the day before or after regional championships (as usual) and none the day after the power shows during the second half of the season, again with 1 exception.

Locations and dates for some shows, both minor and major, have changed. This will undoubtedly require many directors to revisit their schedules, and I apologize for the inconvenience. Captions however should not need to be resubmitted unless you wish to change them. Due to the delay, any director who wishes to resubmit caption changes may do so with no penalty.

European tour is now 9 shows, stretched over 2.5 weeks, to mirror a real-life DCI European trip. The venues have also changed to reflect real locations that DCI corps have been to over the last couple of years.

Pacific tour has been cut back to 4 shows, stretching over 1 week. Pacific Tour Finals are still in Honolulu.

Here's a new list of the major events and dates:

1/13:

Akron OH

Whitewater WI

Huntington WV

Flagstaff AZ

1/20

Piscataway NJ

Normal IL

Raleigh NC

Bakersfield NC

1/27

Beverly MA (replaces Worcestor for the Beanpot show)

Kalamazoo MI

Louisville KY

Stockton CA

2/3

Montreal QUE

Marion OH

Seattle WA

Monza Italy (European Championships)

2/9-10- DCPI Regional Championships

Pittsburgh PA

Madison WI

New Orleans LA

Las Vegas NV

(note to all directors attending the south or west regionals- please celebrate responsibly B))

2/16: Division 2/3 Focus Shows

Omaha NE

Sacramento CA

2/17: Division 1 Focus Shows

Columbia MO

Lincoln NE

Stanford CA

2/23: Division 2/3 Focus Show

Frisco TX

2/24: Division 1 Focus Shows

Houston TX

San Antonio TX

Honolulu HI (Pacific Rim Championships)

2/27:

Orlando FL (Southern Star Cup)

3/2:

Murfreesboro TN (Masters of the DCPI Music Games)

Chattanooga TN (Division 2/3 Focus Show)

3/3: Division 1 Focus Shows

Atlanta GA

Nashville TN

3/5-10: DCPI Championships

Charlotte NC