One of our Drum Corps Family loses home to fire.

Ray Eyler,

a legend in the Tri state are of NJ<PA<DEL is in need of our help. He lost his home and belongings in a house fire in NJ. Ray is an instructor with the Yankee Rebels and also a marching member, Ray was the horn istructor with many corps and also a NJA Judge and stills does the band circuit. Pass this on. This is the bank info and the email for information. The Eylers live in Audubon, NJ. Ray's home was the former home of the Bon Bons directors JB and Tess Bernert.

help4ray@yahoo.com.

This family needs help.

People are needed to volunteer time to help clean out the house.

Monetary donations are being accepted at Susquehanna Patriot Bank by mail or stopping in your local branch.

Mail to:

Susquehanna Patriot Bank

PO Box 350

Richwood, NJ 08074

Attn: Nino Mevoli

Please make donations payable to Ray Eyler / Susquehanna Patriot

Clothing for 2 men (shirts Large, X large, XX Large / Pants 34x34 and 40x29).

Email help4ray@yahoo.com

This was set up by a neighboor.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ray is a really terrific person! And a true drum corps legend!

Please keep him, and his family in your thoughts and prayers, and

please reach out and support them at this very difficult time.

Thank you!

Like the television commercial says "Life comes at you hard!" One minute you're living your life and then, boom, a tragedy happens. Ray Eyler is my mentor and a great person. I am grateful that he is okay as a life cannot be replaced. He did, howver, lose his beloved dog in the fire.

Everyone is always saying that drum corps is an extended family. I also extend a heartfelt plea to Ray's "drum corps family" for their support and help in any small way.

Robbie Ellis

Clean out for the house in Audubon NJ will be on Dec 16 and 17 from 9am. The house is on W. Graisbury near Audubon High School. Thank you everyone.

My girlfriend (another member of the 2005 Bucs) lost her home this summer to a fire and I can speak from experience that every little bit helps.

Please help if you can

Ray is a friend and a mentor. We marched together in Archie in the early '60's. Whatever any of you good folks in the drum corps community can do will be a blessing. He's one of the all time great guys.......

Jimbalaya

From Barb Flowers:

December 11th

Good Morning to all.

In an effort to advise you all of the status and progress I will update this list as often as possible. The support the Eyler Family has received is greatly appreciated. They are fortunate to have family and friends like yourselves.

At this time the Eyler Family is still sifting through what is salvageable. I think you would all be amazed as to the items that were saved, but on the other hand many items were lost. As you all know this fire started in the kitchen therefore the entire kitchen will need to be replaced kitchen cabinets and all appliances. Ray is currently staying at Karen’s house and is really eager to get back in his own home. Many of you may not know but Ray has an apartment in the rear of his home. God must have been with him on the night of the fire as the apartment did not get damaged (miracle).

The immediate need that I see is as follows:

Builder who will be able to advise what is going to need immediate attention as the roof has a large hole and with the weather is the roof stable (I do not think so).

Plywood is needed to board up the windows to keep the rain out that is due this week.

Saturday & Sunday December 16th and 17th 9:00 am clean out of house is to begin. Maybe you or someone you know can give a hand. Please advise me if you are able it would be helpful to know how many as I am looking to purchase drinks , donuts and bagels.

Maybe you are an electrician or know an electrician .

Ray needs to get the power back on to the apartment so he can move back in. A meeting is scheduled for this evening with the town to get the approval.

Maybe one has access to a company for Onsite storage (such as POD).

We are in need of a second dumpster. The first one will arrive on Wednesday at a discounted cost. If you know of a company that will give a discount it is greatly appreciated.

In addition I think we will need one of those spot a pots maybe you have a friend or family member who can help out with that.

I spoke to Ray and he has a friend or family member who has access to a warehouse of furniture. Please do not rule out that he will not need furniture but just wanted to keep all posted. As to my conversations with him.

Ray is a vet of the Air Force with an honorable discharge and 2 years in the reserves. Does anyone know of support for him as I am unaware?

December 8th

Thank you for your response. All responses are printed and given to the Eyler Family.

At this time the Eyler Family is going through what is salvageable. And getting ready for the dumpster to arrive. Hopefully we will have a decent turn out for the weekend to come.

Maybe you requesting to volunteer to help clean up:

At this time it appears major cleanup is scheduled for the weekend of December 16th & 17th .

564 West Graisbury Ave

Audubon, NJ 08106

I would say after 9:00 am is good.

Maybe you are requesting donation information:

Payable to Ray Eyler / Susquehanna Patriot

Susquehanna Patriot Bank

PO Box 350

Richwood, NJ 08074

Attn: Nino Mevoli

Thank you honey I was just about to post that. No matter what you do or how much you give anything is going to be a help. This is a drum corps family so lets test this family. Hey you Crossmen alumni out there from the merger. Ray was your first instructor give him a hand over the weekend or send a couple of dollars. It does help. Ray had no insurance and this is a tragedy no one wants to happen to them. Again guys thanks for all you do.