One of our Drum Corps Family loses home to fire.

Ray is someone that I respect a great deal.

He was a dear friend of my fathers.

At our Music Express, rehearsal last friday, we all bought extra 50/50 tickets and ALL money went to Ray. Also all of our dues went to Ray. More than likely at our next rehearsal Yankee Rebels will donate all the 50/50.

Ray is very well thought of. He's a remarkable human being, deserving of good things.

I pray, that alot of drum corps out there will do likewise.

We all have warm homes and are preparing for the holidays in relative comfort.

Ray is a retired, gentle man, who is so very deserving of our help.

Those who do good things , have good things,come back to them. :rolleyes:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive been looking for a good reason to clean out my closet.

I have a ton of nice shirts I want to send out.Mostly Dress shirts and some warm flannel and fleece stuff.Some even have the tags left on them and have never been worn.They are sizes large and XL.There are even some brand new t shirts that my wife is donating,They are size large.They are brand new and got messed up at the silk screeners.They are perfect for working in.Logo is jsut a little off color.

I found some Promotional backpacks (like school back packs) Ill send along.They were made for a special Bell South promotion.

Need any Ball Caps?I might be able to hook you up with those.What about warm jackets.I got a bunch of those that need a good home.

Please send me a address to send this stuff too and I will get it on the way pronto.!

So Sorry to hear about your loss.It must be horrible.

Best of luck to you.

Edited by camel lips

Very sorry to hear about this loss. That is very sad especially this time of year.

How far is Audobon from Parsippany. We'd like to come help with the clean up if we can. We're familiar with the Parsippany area. Is it still the weekend of the 16th and 17th?

If we were to bring clothes or furniture or anything, can we bring it with us that day?

Ok, Someone PMed me and said you might need some jackets.I cleaned out the Jacket closet.There are about 20 of them headed northbound UPS.Some of those have never been worn.All of them have been dry cleaned or washed recently.

My wife is in the promotional bussiness and we were always getting free coats from this group or that group.Some of them are very practical and cool looking.There is one coat that my son wore one time that is like a LL bean.Its a large..The very next season he filled out and could not wear it anymore.

She is going to see if there is anything thing else like shirts or ball caps floating around at work that is getting thrown out.They might have some cheesy logo on them but will be functional.

What about instruments and stuff?Were any of those damaged in the fire?Trumpets????mouthpieces?Mutes?|Trombone mouthpeices?Anything along those lines?I might be able to scrounge up some stuff like that to help a brother out.

If there is anything in these boxes that the family cannot use or needs...just find someone equally in need of stuff to give it to.

Best of luck to you and your family this Christmas

Ok, Someone PMed me and said you might need some jackets.I cleaned out the Jacket closet.There are about 20 of them headed northbound UPS.Some of those have never been worn.All of them have been dry cleaned or washed recently.

My wife is in the promotional bussiness and we were always getting free coats from this group or that group.Some of them are very practical and cool looking.There is one coat that my son wore one time that is like a LL bean.Its a large..The very next season he filled out and could not wear it anymore.

She is going to see if there is anything thing else like shirts or ball caps floating around at work that is getting thrown out.They might have some cheesy logo on them but will be functional.

What about instruments and stuff?Were any of those damaged in the fire?Trumpets????mouthpieces?Mutes?|Trombone mouthpeices?Anything along those lines?I might be able to scrounge up some stuff like that to help a brother out.

If there is anything in these boxes that the family cannot use or needs...just find someone equally in need of stuff to give it to.

Best of luck to you and your family this Christmas

Thank you very much. Bea

Thank you very much. Bea

No worries.

Sadly.I suspect all of his drum corps t-shirts and stuff got lost in the fire too.Much of that stuff can never be replaced.

I sent a Music City Legend T-shirt along with the stuff.I challenge everyone from every corps to do the same.

Best of luck to yall on the clean up efforts.

December 13th

Good Morning to all.

In an effort to advise you all of the status and progress I will update this note as often as possible. If you wish not to receive updates please advise and I will not include you in the email updates.

All emails are viewed by The Eyler Family.

The support the Eyler Family has received is greatly appreciated. They are fortunate to have family and friends like yourselves.

As of yesterday the 12th Ray seemed to be focusing on the repair work. He really needs someone with engineering type skills to advise of the structures safety. He seems to be still in shock to me (even though I really do not know him). The phone calls and support he is receiving is greatly appreciated by all. The Eyler Family has a million things going through there heads at this time. I try to speak to one of them once a day to see where they are at this time and to advise all concerned what is going on. They have worked very hard in getting most of the house cleaned out, as Ray is concerned about someone getting hurt. Below is a starting list of what is the immediate needs of the Family.

December 11th

At this time the Eyler Family is still sifting through what is salvageable. I think you would all be amazed as to the items that were saved, but on the other hand many items were lost. As you all know this fire started in the kitchen therefore the entire kitchen will need to be replaced kitchen cabinets and all appliances. Ray is currently staying at Karen’s house and is really eager to get back in his own home. Many of you may not know but Ray has an apartment in the rear of his home. God must have been with him on the night of the fire as the apartment did not get damaged (miracle).

The immediate need that I see is as follows:

Builder who will be able to advise what is going to need immediate attention as the roof has a large hole and with the weather is the roof stable (I do not think so).

Plywood is needed to board up the windows to keep the rain out that is due this week.

Saturday & Sunday December 16th and 17th 9:00 am clean out of house is to begin. Maybe you or someone you know can give a hand. Please advise me if you are able it would be helpful to know how many as I am looking to purchase drinks , donuts and bagels.

Maybe you are an electrician or know an electrician .

Ray needs to get the power back on to the apartment so he can move back in. A meeting is scheduled for this evening with the town to get the approval.

Maybe one has access to a company for Onsite storage (such as POD).

We are in need of a second dumpster. The first one will arrive on Wednesday at a discounted cost. If you know of a company that will give a discount it is greatly appreciated.

In addition I think we will need one of those spot a pots maybe you have a friend or family member who can help out with that.

I spoke to Ray and he has a friend or family member who has access to a warehouse of furniture. Please do not rule out that he will not need furniture but just wanted to keep all posted. As to my conversations with him.

Ray is a vet of the Air Force with an honorable discharge and 2 years in the reserves. Does anyone know of support for him as I am unaware?

Lisa

December 8th

Thank you for your response. All responses are printed and given to the Eyler Family.

At this time the Eyler Family is going through what is salvageable. And getting ready for the dumpster to arrive. Hopefully we will have a decent turn out for the weekend to come.

Maybe you requesting to volunteer to help clean up:

At this time it appears major cleanup is scheduled for the weekend of December 16th & 17th .

564 West Graisbury Ave

Audubon, NJ 08106

I would say after 9:00 am is good.

Maybe you are requesting donation information:

Payable to Ray Eyler / Susquehanna Patriot

Susquehanna Patriot Bank

PO Box 350

Richwood, NJ 08074

Attn: Nino Mevoli

Maybe you are just offering a condolence.

All are greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Lisa (neighbor)

Do You Yahoo!?

Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around

http://mail.yahoo.com

INBOX: Email 2 of 419 Move to Folder INBOX Draft Screened Mail SentMail Trash saved mail Back to Top | < Previous | Next > Navigation

Message CenterINBOX 70Draft Screened Mail SentMail Trash

[empty]My Folders

[edit]saved mailAddress BookMailbox ManagerPreferencesVoice MailAdd Comcast ServicesDigital CableDigital Video RecorderDigital Voice®High Definition TV

Ask ComcastWhat's NewIdeas and SuggestionsComcast.net

© 2006 Comcast Cable Communications, LLC. All rights reserved. Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Comcast.net

"A Speedy Recovery":

We wish a speedy and complete recovery to the Eylers. A donation is forthcomming.

Elphaba

Bump for my 1979 Westshoremen Horn Instructor