Just wondering...

How's that "stupid"? I know percussionists are able to do that, but I don't hear it every day. Add to that the fact it was very clean, and yeah... I thought it was impressive.

I meant, "I agree totally." Except I forgot the "sans stupid" people usually use. :P

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I meant, "I agree totally." Except I forgot the "sans stupid" people usually use. :P

I thought that after I posted. Didn't mean to get defensive.

Really great show. I think it will defiently be a show we talk about in 15 years. I loved it, then hated it, and now love it again. I agree that the first half was the best part. I love Jays arranging......my opinion, he's the best in DCI right now.

I was totally in awe of the execution. Concept and design left me flat and wanting more. Wether designed that way or not, guard had little to no integration with the corps, uniforms reaked of a marching band, gaurd outfits were sophmoric, flags/silks were not effective, Ending drill was standard, hardly ground breaking, predictable, and lacking that special stamp vintage Cadets drills usually have.

The door was a cheap prop, poorly crafted, cumbersome and an eyesore. The props were child-like, especially the "throwing of the suitcase"

"Bjork" speak, "Zone" introduction, and "drum speak" were annoying, mixed in poorly with the live sound and out of place. Drummers should have played it, not said it.

I liked the drumming parts over the ballad and the mirror work of the guard.

It was the cleanest most "meaty" show of the night.

~G~

...and "drum speak" were annoying...Drummers should have played it, not said it.

I totally agree. The drummers should have been throwing down instead of saying it.

I totally agree. The drummers should have been throwing down instead of saying it.
That's what the other 11 minutes of the show did. :P

I mean come on, that was one of the hardest working drumlines in a long time. Give em a break.

Also, I don't buy the complaint about guard integration. If you like an integrated guard, then you have a right not to like it, but it was intended to be a little uncomfortable and provide a counterweight to the corps proper...so they didn't fail at anything in that respect except in making you happy.

Regarding the drums...I will also say that I find the drum book in the industrial section (before and after drum speak) to be almost TOO meaty that it lost some impact and clarity (to me). I dunno, sometimes I felt like the arranger was trying to cram too many notes in there (just cut a few and it'll be perfect...$1 to Amadeus), reminded me of what I think was his first effort as a Cadets arranger -- the Les Mis show...

Edited by chris ncsu

Well you can't say they weren't playing. Check out some of that Quad stuff.

I was totally in awe of the execution. Concept and design left me flat and wanting more. Wether designed that way or not, guard had little to no integration with the corps, uniforms reaked of a marching band, gaurd outfits were sophmoric, flags/silks were not effective, Ending drill was standard, hardly ground breaking, predictable, and lacking that special stamp vintage Cadets drills usually have.

The door was a cheap prop, poorly crafted, cumbersome and an eyesore. The props were child-like, especially the "throwing of the suitcase"

"Bjork" speak, "Zone" introduction, and "drum speak" were annoying, mixed in poorly with the live sound and out of place. Drummers should have played it, not said it.

I liked the drumming parts over the ballad and the mirror work of the guard.

It was the cleanest most "meaty" show of the night.

~G~

LOL LOL HA HA HA! Thump!

Edited by boxingfred

My second favorite Cadet show behind 1987

One of my top five shows of all time.

Clean, real clean.

A fun show to watch.