Shows that just, for some reason, you can't make yourself like

1992 Cavaliers - Great effect and single integration and uniformity. Amazing drumline, but I definitely liked 1991 Better. I was not a fan of the tone of their hornline that year. Definitely could have done better. Other than that I though the musical choices weren't as exciting as the last two years, though the execution was there. Had cadets been given one more night I believe they would have gotten 2nd.

1993 Star of Indiana - I love the effect, but the dynamics in mid show are two subtle for me. Bring me on some excitement! Though I do love the end where it gets more powerful.

1995 Cadets - I like it for it's overall act and staging, but I never really did like the over done patriotic part at the end.

1998 Santa Clara Vanguard - When you try that hard to get that mysterious feel out of something, I think it doesn't become natural for an audience member. It was dark, and it introduced me to some dark parts of A. Copland, but left me a little dry.

1998 Cadets, I love the intended effect and design but as an Audience member who might just like to simply watch shows for the sole fact that it's drum corps. It doesn't do that much for me.

2000 Cavaliers - I think the showmanship was the reason why these guys topped over Cadet's domination in effect the entire season. This is a great show, the guard was doing some hard stuff. I like the opening and closing statements, but it just died in the middle. I had good drill here and there...

2001 Star of Indiana - Worst show ever, nothing happened. No movement, no effect.

2002 Cavaliers - Good general effect, though i find it hard for this show's effect to compare to 2003 Blue Devils or 2005 Cadets and 2004 Cavaliers.

Didn't like the music as much. I didn't enjoy that the design team had the hardest musical parts be at holds. Could be just me but I felt that it was their most safe program in terms of difficulty. Great hornline by the way. I really really don't think the writing challenged the guard very much.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for a long time i felt this way about Phantom Regiment 2003 (hornline), but a couple of months ago it finally dawned on me what everyone was talking about and now i can't get enough of it in the car.

The Canon Reprise, comes out of no where, it's a great effect.

Pop it out infront of your friends, in the closer people are concentrating and their foreheads become tense and folded, all of a sudden the reprise comes, and everyone's just smiling.

Thumbs up, teeth are white with a ding. It's a brady bunch moment, who doesn't love that? :P

2001 Star of Indiana - Worst show ever, nothing happened. No movement, no effect.

I agree...I thought Star '96 was much better (heck, even better than Star '03!).

Saywha? :laugh:

Does the short bus pick you up in the morning?

Just kidding.

Edited by BaritoneBamBam

I have a strong hatred for Phantom 03, 05, and 06 (04 as well, but that one isn't necessarily well-liked, so it doesn't matter that I don't like it either). I also can't stand Cadets 99-06 or BD 99-03.

Honestly, most shows I don't like. It's awful . . . I know.

I have a strong hatred for Phantom 03, 05, and 06 (04 as well, but that one isn't necessarily well-liked, so it doesn't matter that I don't like it either). I also can't stand Cadets 99-06 or BD 99-03.

Let me guess, Cavalier fan/marcher? (not based off this) Basing off the years, it's very hard for someone not to like Championship shows, so most likely I'm assuming you love the Cavaliers due to the years you chose.

Personal tastes are personal tastes. Hatred is just bad diction. Try not to offend, it's not....

Edit: I should say, when you imply words like hate that means those shows offended you...

Edited by BaritoneBamBam

I also have a strong hatred for Phantom 04, 05, and 06. Though 03 is my favorite Phantom show.