Drum Corps Diet

Hi corps family! I thought this was a good idea. I want to prepare for the upcoming season by eating good food. What is the ultimate drum corps diet and morning routine? Like do you guys do pushups in the morning at home?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as diet, a very good start is to stop drinking soda if you do.

From there, you don't need a very regimented diet (or at least, I didn't). Just try to eat generally healthier (fruit instead of chips, etc.).

Strength building exercise depends on your instrument... as far as cardio, an exerise bike or treadmill will do.

Hi corps family! I thought this was a good idea. I want to prepare for the upcoming season by eating good food. What is the ultimate drum corps diet and morning routine? Like do you guys do pushups in the morning at home?

If I were smart I would, even though I aged out a decade ago.

What good foods are you eating? If you've got a good diet of your own going, maybe you should share it with us, give us some ideas.

Don't pay attention to trendy diets. Just eat lots of fruits, vegetables, and in general keep a well-balanced diet. And exercise a lot. That's probably more important than what you eat.

Wellll... I watch Oprah alot, and she always has Dr. Oz on, and he says the best diets are this which exclude highly processed foods. Basically, the things you are supposed to avoid eating are: Enriched Flour, Hydrodgenated anything (soybean oil, etc.), and High Fructose corn Syrup. If these are listed in the first 5 ingredients on a nutrition label, it is bad. Plain and simple, these are what make Americans fat... Of course, not single handedly-- there is alot riding on lack of exercise and portion control-- but these are additives that most European countries made illegal because they are so harmful to the body. In short these are what cause you to store fat as well as slow down your metablosim. Then there is this whole dissertation about the "Omentum," ( spelling?). The omentum is this "thing" above your stomach which stores belly fat, giving the appearence of a "beer belly." An enlarged Omentum is a pretty good indicator of eating too many processed foods-- the larger the "beer belly" the more fats have accumulated in the omentum. It might seem hard at first to avoid eating foods with those ingredients, but it is really not. There are plenty of healthy alternatives to things we eat every day-- for instance, read the label on your "whole multi grain super aweome healthy," bread and you will more than likely see all of those additives. Not so healthy... But this is not necessarily a diet, it is aimed more at trying to eat organic foods and avoid excess sugars which can do a lot of harm on your organs.

But if that is overkill you could just eat lots of fruits and veggies and drink tons of water and do cardio all the time I guess.

Edited by Mellojaphoney

Well, I've been a bad corps member so far haha! I don't like most vegetables except for carrots, pickles, and beets. I like some fruit, but my host parents in corps have to make me eat corn and stuff.

for tour...get used to corn dogs :)

Actually, I haven't had a corn dog with drum corps since I started. Not even in a restaurant. B)

:P I keep hearing about all these "Drum Corps Diets", etc.

I survived on $1 Whoppers, large amounts of Mt. Dew and beer thrown in when possible during All Days and parts of tour.

But that was a while back...