Rose Bowl Parade.....................

I curse the Banjo playing cactus float from '04. Had to chase it for a mile and a half after it pulled away. The corps, that being the SCV TOR Corps was ordered to catch up with the float and we took off going full stride while throwing down Electric Wheel Chair street beat. By the time we stopped to mark time for the first time we were soaking wet in our uniforms from the sweaty lather we had build up. Every rim shot sprayed with sweat from the battery section like fighters in a boxing ring. We all played our hearts out and left the crowd not yelling yeah but something more telling like WHOA!! over and over.

Tell me the Catus Float wasn't there again ^0^

Mom

You STUDS!! (And STUDETTES)

:worthy::rock::rock::huh:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I switched between ABC and NBC so I could catch some things twice (NBC's cameras were later than ABC's). Someone please tell me why Billy Bush has a job. I've never seen him on whatever show he must be on, but he was HORRIBLE. Some of the blather coming out of his mouth was absolutely sickening.

There's a few Bushes in this country whose employment kind of befuddles/horrifies me.

:worthy:

HGTV is the station to watch the Rose Parade.

No commercials.

You can also buy the DVD.

Saw the Michigan and USC bands in HD during halftime. The ABC mic placements sucked........but the video is proof of why DCI NEEDS TO GO HD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :worthy:

Saw the Michigan and USC bands in HD during halftime. The ABC mic placements sucked........but the video is proof of why DCI NEEDS TO GO HD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :worthy:

I liked Michigan's band better then USC. I thought the Led Zepplin arrangement's of "Cashmere" and "Stairway to Heaven" were dang good. :rock: I wish I could've seen more of that show. :rock:

I am wondering how DCI finals is gonna work in that huge stadium.

Good luck to them on that though.

Edited by Lancerlady

How about that "getting gay with kids" opening segment!? The arranger actually quoted South Park a few times (listen close).

Singing about "our good nature" as deadly stealth aircraft fly overhead. Nice.

The Remo guys at the beginning were throwing down so hard they phased out the band behind them. Stumble, lurch, oops!

Good to see the Butler band. Congrats to the Yaracs clan, sounded good. Quite a few solid bands up front but some of the later bands are pretty raw.

Marines showed how it's done!

I watched the parade on the home and garden network. No interruptions like on the major networks. The Star Wars section was great!!!

The Baton Rouge marching band was good... crowd pleasers. Nice to see Louisiana represent, too.

I was commenting in another thread how flute and clarinet players just can't/don't look bad*** playing their instruments.

They should give flutes and clarinets tams, because if the band wears shakos, there are inevitably several members (especially

those I mention here) who wear them too far back on their heads, or all crooked to one side and goofy looking. Makes the whole

band look bad when just a few wear them poorly.

Saw the one band from PA who was wearing the Phantom style black helmets... their clarinets looked pretty good in the shot of them.

The jet pack guy was very cool...

That dragons breathing fire float was awesome...

Michigan Band was bad*** ... as was USC. Tight... intimidating... cool looking and sounding.

I watched the HGTV broadcast. It was great, and Bob Eubanks is a consummate professional. I think he's like 110 years old now,

but he was great.

Mike said "blathering".

I thought the Star Wars floats were very cool, then I saw Grambling dressed as imperial officers, then Stormtroopers--it blew me away!