cadets show fiasco 06

i do seem to recall cadets having problems with amps at a show in 2006 and Hoppy pulling the APD down.

is there any ifno about this show? which show was it? what happened?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forget which show that was, but an interesting detail:

Cadets, who went on to finish 5th at worlds had a massive ensemble tear to the point where the show almost had to be stopped and re-started, but they still won Ensemble Music and Total Score over Phantom, who finished 2nd at worlds. Interesting.

haha, thank you, please more info guys :)

I forget which show that was, but an interesting detail:

Cadets, who went on to finish 5th at worlds had a massive ensemble tear to the point where the show almost had to be stopped and re-started, but they still won Ensemble Music and Total Score over Phantom, who finished 2nd at worlds. Interesting.

yeah but if there's issues, they're judged

:doh:

Huntington, WV was the huge ensemble tear. But it was my first view of the show all season and I didn't notice it until I came on here afterwards and wrote a review. So to an ensemble judge seeing the show for the first time (which is entirely possible) they might've just thought the drum feature was really really really dirty (which is what I thought happened). But conspiracy theorists feel free to pontificate.

As for the amp problems, I'm not sure.

i heard it was raining and everything was getting screwed up.

So to an ensemble judge seeing the show for the first time (which is entirely possible) they might've just thought the drum feature was really really really dirty (which is what I thought happened). But conspiracy theorists feel free to pontificate.
The judges probably thought this was an example of atonal, polyrythmic expression and gave them credit!!