looking into colleges

any suggestions for some one in the northeast?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do like Texas, and I'm really looking forward to being there in a week and a half, but true story - you guys are pretty crazy, haha.

Yes. Yes we are :)

This looks like just some collegiate rivalry nonsense.
Yeah, that's pretty much all it is.
Atleast, back it up with something of some substance. Oh, and I'm sure you're not still annoyed by the 1 point win over Rice which eventually led to Houston's C-USA conference championship.
That game sucked. A lot.
Hey, I'm sure Brian's a swell guy. In fact, one of my best friends at Rice is good friends with him. Anyways, of course, I know there are people who don't like U. Houston. I just don't appreciate pointless, unfounded bad-mouthing. It's like calling the Blue Devils no-talent hacks. It's uncalled for and just doesn't make any sense.

Who's your friend, out of curiosity? Also, yeah, all of my comments are motivated purely by silly college rivalries. I just felt the need to cut the UH guys down a notch or two. Besides, we all know Rice is better anyway. :P

But seriously, ignore my comments... they're purely a joke.

Edited by TSRTS13

this topic truley depends on what kind of atmosphere ur looking for while in college. I go to JSu and love it here, i love the marching band and the perople here truley represent the freindliest campus in the south. I have seen the programs at UN, TSU, UA, and Montevallo and i have to say that none of them would be a bad choice. They all have great programs! Coosing a college is interly based on the person. I would suggest that u visit the colleges u are considering and see if u like the location and the atmosphere. WE would love to have u here at JSU but it is up to u were u choose, i am sure u will have a great experince in college where ever u choose. Life is what u make it and ur college life is no different!! :) Happy hunting!

Help Drum Corps

Be a Business and Music Ed Double Major!

Schools in the northeast are great. There's plenty of them too. Boston University, New England Conservatory, Boston Conservatory, Eastman School of Music, many of the SUNY schools, Hartt school of music, Ithaca College, SUNY Potsdam (Crane)...and so on

there are so many schools in New England, NY, and PA. check into as many as possible, you never know which ones are going to interest you.

I hadn't even heard of UH until I read this thread today...

I did, because U. of South Carolina beat them in the bowl game.

:)

~>conner

All these big name schools are fine and dandy and all, but music is the most diverse major out there. You will trully find out how well you can teach WHEN YOU ACTUALLY START TEACHING! NO school can prepare you to the full extent of what you will encounter in the teaching world. Learning the "UH way" of doing things is good, but who's to say it will work in your band program? Music is not like math where a formula will work everytime. You have to work hard and develop your own individual teaching style and theories to be trully sucessfull.