looking into colleges

I'm not necessarily sure North Texas is the best university for music education. It always seems that people are saying to go there for jazz and performance, but not education.

Not true.

UNT is the best school of music in the state of Texas, hands down. Its also the best public university music school in the southern states.

You cannot go wrong with this school. Jazz (best in the world), Education, Theory, History, Musicology, Composition. Its all here and its all first rate and top of its class.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not true.

UNT is the best school of music in the state of Texas, hands down. Its also the best public university music school in the southern states.

You cannot go wrong with this school. Jazz (best in the world), Education, Theory, History, Musicology, Composition. Its all here and its all first rate and top of its class.

Well you're not biased or anything, are you?

I'm just saying, that's what I've heard.

Well you're not biased or anything, are you?

Heh. Well, you know :P

But with folks like Eugene Corporon, Dennis Fisher, Paul Rennick, etc. Its a fantastic program.

Edited by geluf

So if I posted this in the wrong place, I apologize.

I'm a senior in high school, and planning to be a music ed. major. I live in alabama and have already applied to Montevallo and JSU (the two big music schools in state) But I want to look abroad too.

What are some of the higher end music ed schools in the country? Regardless of tuition, or anything else. what are THE schools to be in for music ed? Thanks guys.

Chase,

Come on buddy.You know my vote would be JSU.You would have an amazing trumpet professor.You have the in-state tution.And the rich history of the Southerners.

Eugene is the man

I will definately second that motion.

not looking at the regional thing, consider Indiana University, of course. Oberlin in Ohio is good too. U of North Texas.

App State (NC) has a great program, and University of N. Carolina Greenville.

just some to think about.

~>conner

Do you mean UNC Greensboro? Greenville, NC has East Carolina University, which is another school worth looking into.

I'm not necessarily sure North Texas is the best university for music education. It always seems that people are saying to go there for jazz and performance, but not education.

It's funny to me how divided people are about the UH/Eddie Green thing.

Oh, Texas...

Still didn't get an answer, I guess he's not. Only reason I ask is because everyone USED to talk about how great UH was. Recently, I have only heard that from people from Houston and Cavalier fans/alumni.

Oh, UH...