LSU Tiger Band in Sugar Bowl

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

College marching band is alright. There's a lot of idiots in the band I'm in, but I prefer to keep drum corp and college band separate. I sleep better at night.

Well ... there's a few really 'gung-ho' college bands, but generally it's not supposed to be anywhere near as intense as drum corps. It's just supposed to be fun. Sure, you want to sound good and look decent, but it's about entertaining a crowd that generally knows nothing about music. There isn't any higher purpose, unless you count 'tradition.'

Two things:

1) Gotta dish the ND Band for playing "Where Ya Gonna Go When the Volcano Blows" in New Orleans. Hello??? Anybody remember Katrina? Talk about insensitivity.

2) When I was in college in the 1970's I wanted to march in the Florida Gators marching band under Frank B. Wickes. I was surprised to hear his name last night....30 years later.....as director of the LSU Tiger band.

1) Gotta dish the ND Band for playing "Where Ya Gonna Go When the Volcano Blows" in New Orleans. Hello??? Anybody remember Katrina? Talk about insensitivity.

It's a little known fact that Katrina was a hurricane and not a volcano.

The more you know!

Two things:

2) When I was in college in the 1970's I wanted to march in the Florida Gators marching band under Frank B. Wickes. I was surprised to hear his name last night....30 years later.....as director of the LSU Tiger band.

yeah, I'm a bit lost on what a volcano has to do with a hurricane?

yeah, I'm a bit lost on what a volcano has to do with a hurricane?

I'm sorry children.....should I have connected the dots for you? Yes, a hurricane and volcano eruption are different natural phenomenons, but it was a well known fact that many from New Orleans lost their homes (live, families, etc).

Regardless, Eff the Irish and their band.

I think more networks need to do this. We, the Million Dollar Band, were with the University of Alabama as we played Oklahoma State but ESPN doesn't show halftimes. Lame.

I'm sorry children.....should I have connected the dots for you? Yes, a hurricane and volcano eruption are different natural phenomenons, but it was a well known fact that many from New Orleans lost their homes (live, families, etc).

Regardless, Eff the Irish and their band.

And how many New Orleans natives in general and football fans specifically would know the name of that song??? Give me a break...Waaaah, build your house 20 feet below sea level and you are rolling the dice. Most of the city should NOT be rebuilt....it NEVER should have been built like that in the first place. Now, that's insensitive ;-)....but I am willing to live with that.