• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really?

Cavies 02?

Cadets 05?

Phantom 96?

Phantom 06?

I know that peoeple on DCP talk up Star 93 a lot, but they also tend to boast about the shows I listed above.

No no no, you're mistaken, that's Phantom 2006 B)

I think that Cavies 02 and Cadets 05 got what they deserved, although I am incredibly biased about Cadets 05 :P

Phantom 96 is on my list of overrated shows, but not at the top.

Phantom 06 is at worst 2nd on my list, but they are a STRONG contender for 1st

Lets see....

How about a little 84 Garfield Cadets "Westside Story". The music we all know and love BEFORE it was bastardized by alot of horrible bands and drum corps. Solid drum corps all around in all captions and the first to really wow people with fast moving drill

Stay in 84 for BD. Especially "La Fiesta". Great horn and drumlines.

Now to my youth (the 80s i only saw on tape! lol)

92 Crossmen!, Fun, exciting, different

91 Star. wether good or bad, EVERYONE talks about 93 star (which i love) but how about 91 and 92? 91 was another "out there" thing, but man.. the things they pulled off were just amazing. 92 was beautiful. loved every minute of it

94 Blue devils! Good old fashioned "in your face" sound! got the heart pumpin

Let me throw in a little div 2/3 and DCA for fun...

Southwind as an "A-60" corps (i think...) in 91. the "Robin Hood-Prince of Thieves" jam. That was hot!

Esperanza 2003. What a show! Blew me away

Brigs 04 -that ballad... wow!

fun topic!

Tony

Edited by TastyWaves

I thought it was SCV 89. Anyway, I like both. :)

Well, people might say that 89 SCV was cheesy with the props/ending, or only good because it was repeated from 88...

I dunno, I love 89 SCV. It's probably unlikable, though.

99 SCV on the other hand...

I remember a few people saying SCV '99. BD '99, I don't see that one getting by either.

I like this thread a lot; aside from something that's simply a relevant topic (as opposed to a "favorite show ever" thread, its asking for the least disliked show ever by the DCP masses), it's getting us to try and think as one (as unlikely as that tends to be) and come to a specific conclusion by the time this thread dies out.

So far, I think Colts '99 has the most potential. LOTS of emotion (though not in excess from a design standpoint), great music, a solid visual program, an endearing drum major, and a generally very well-liked corps......it's the Colts! Everyone loves the Colts.

Crossmen '90-92 also still look good, though I recall a few people saying they didn't like '91. '90 is a good suggestion; music was OUTSTANDING that show, and I (and seemingly everyone else, too) love that closer.

I've heard one or two say they didn't like '84 Garfield, though it's a solid suggestion.

I dunno, I (unsurprisingly) think that there were a few on my list that might have a chance of making it through the DCP gauntlet of disliking corps/shows for various reasons, haha. Glassmen '97? Suncoast '85? Boston (or Colts) '99? Magic '94 [probably the most innovative/unique/POTENTIALLY (but only in theory) dislikable show I suggested]?

Maybe Magic '02? It had the likable side-story to go along with it, so maybe that'd help its cause too along with the great music.

I remember a few people saying SCV '99. BD '99, I don't see that one getting by either.

I like this thread a lot; aside from something that's simply a relevant topic (as opposed to a "favorite show ever" thread, its asking for the least disliked show ever by the DCP masses), it's getting us to try and think as one (as unlikely as that tends to be) and come to a specific conclusion by the time this thread dies out.

So far, I think Colts '99 has the most potential. LOTS of emotion (though not in excess from a design standpoint), great music, a solid visual program, an endearing drum major, and a generally very well-liked corps......it's the Colts! Everyone loves the Colts.

Crossmen '90-92 also still look good, though I recall a few people saying they didn't like '91. '90 is a good suggestion; music was OUTSTANDING that show, and I (and seemingly everyone else, too) love that closer.

I've heard one or two say they didn't like '84 Garfield, though it's a solid suggestion.

I dunno, I (unsurprisingly) think that there were a few on my list that might have a chance of making it through the DCP gauntlet of disliking corps/shows for various reasons, haha. Glassmen '97? Suncoast '85? Boston (or Colts) '99? Magic '94 [probably the most innovative/unique/POTENTIALLY (but only in theory) dislikable show I suggested]?

Maybe Magic '02? It had the likable side-story to go along with it, so maybe that'd help its cause too along with the great music.

So Jared, what do you think of SCV 1999? :P