Drum corps shows that no one doesn't like

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boston 00?

No go. One of the things that I find terribly cheesy is bringing members of the pit onto the field for any reason.

No go. One of the things that I find terribly cheesy is bringing members of the pit onto the field for any reason.

So you didn't like the extra marching percussion at the end of Star 93?

So you didn't like the extra marching percussion at the end of Star 93?

Yes, but that was different in a sense. They looked like an additional battery, they moved, and moved well.

Things like Boston 2000, or even Scouts 95 with the timbales just looks awkward and silly to me.

I can't stand 95 Madison along with the 99 show.

93 Cadets is a good one. Even those that belive correctly that Star should of won...:) , still like this show.

Star 93 is the most overrated show in the history of drum corps.

really?

Cavies 02?

Cadets 05?

Phantom 96?

Phantom 06?

I know that peoeple on DCP talk up Star 93 a lot, but they also tend to boast about the shows I listed above.

I have a feeling this thread is going to be closed soon. Classic DCP, everyone scolding each other's personal opinions and tastes, and circle goes round and round...

Honestly, how can you prefer 2004's wreck of a show over the 2003 pulse-pounding, tear-jerking masterpiece?

Well let's see.....

I don't like the treatment of the John Adams'. To be honest, I really could care less about the first half of 2003, the rest of it was gold though. Not to mention that it never ceases to bother me how horribly dirty Phantom's feet were in 2003 (yes, they were). Their visual program was much more refined in 2004, not to mention the brassline sounded much much better than the year before. How was 2004 a wreck at all? Unless you actually marched in Phantom those 2 years and would obviously have more insight into the fact than me, it's really a matter of opinion.

Isn't that a bit trivial?

Wrong, the correct answer is 95 Scouts. IMO... the drum corps equivalent of being yelled at for 10 minutes.

Thank you so much.