What costs more....

And what is the usual number of bodies in both?

Betcha my house costs less than either. B)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I had to guess I would say hornline, with roughly $12,000.00 per contra your average div I hornline has anywhere from $120,000 to 160,000 wrapped up in the bottom end alone. Of course, it is a mute point for a number of corps who get everything sponsored free of cost.

Im not exactly sure so if I'm worng please let me know.. But I Very Highly doubt that horn companies just give away their instrument for free..Considering that corps will then sell the horns in the off season.. Just about every year corps are selling those horns.. I cant see companies like yamaha and dynasty or king taking that large of a hit each year

If I had to guess I would say hornline, with roughly $12,000.00 per contra your average div I hornline has anywhere from $120,000 to 160,000 wrapped up in the bottom end alone. Of course, it is a mute point for a number of corps who get everything sponsored free of cost.

1. Moot, not mute.

2. No one gets free horns.

Considering that corps will then sell the horns in the off season.. Just about every year corps are selling those horns..

Yeah, I keep hearing about those sales but never hear from/about anyone buying a crap load of horns at one shot. But that was another thread I started that never generated any real info. :(

Anyone have an idea of a full pit $$$$ cost. And how long do those "bells" last with the beating they appear to take.

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

1. Moot, not mute.

2. No one gets free horns.

Hey number 2 is kinda false with Yahama for a good deal of things.

Im not exactly sure so if I'm worng please let me know.. But I Very Highly doubt that horn companies just give away their instrument for free..Considering that corps will then sell the horns in the off season.. Just about every year corps are selling those horns.. I cant see companies like yamaha and dynasty or king taking that large of a hit each year

Corps sell their horns EVERY year?? Which ones, I can't see how that's economically feasible at all. I know my corps doesn't do that, so I'm genuinely curious.

Edited by Einstein On The Beach

Corps sell their horns EVERY year?? Which ones, I can't see how that's economically feasible at all. I know my corps doesn't do that, so I genuinely curious.

Wish you better luck than I had finding out. :P Will have to dig up that thread some time.

And how long do those "bells" last with the beating they appear to take.

:laugh:

How many times are you going to call it that! There is usually only one set of bells (bells are bells, please refer to the instruments correctly and stop with the unnecessary quotations) in your typical drum corps pit...the other eight KEYBOARD PERCUSSION/MALLET instruments are marimbas and vibraphones (and one xylo.)

Edited by BD_Fan