If any director can put forthe a proposal...

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Rules Committee make up shall include One (1) Judge Administrator, One (1) member from the DCI Task Force elected by the Task Force, Five (5) additional members appointed by the Chairman of the Board of DCI selected from current Directors, Instructors and Judges. Each position will be selected by February 1st annually.
Who are these five and how are they selected

As to the "how"...."appointed by the Chairman of the Board of DCI".
I'm sorry for not clarifying...is there any criteria used by the the Chairman or is it his pick?

Yes, we wrote a proposal to ban the use of electronic amps. Despite nearly half the directors voting against it and several, at the time, speaking against them, not one would sponsor the proposal. We would have been thrilled if Roman Blenski would have signed his name to it.

Well, that's something I didn't know.

Oh, well.

Yes, we wrote a proposal to ban the use of electronic amps. Despite nearly half the directors voting against it and several, at the time, speaking against them, not one would sponsor the proposal. We would have been thrilled if Roman Blenski would have signed his name to it.

Where has all the backbone gone? if no one would sign up for that, then I can't imagine any of them doing something, like, banding together to break away from VFW. Jim Jones would roll in his grave...

Where has all the backbone gone? if no one would sign up for that, then I can't imagine any of them doing something, like, banding together to break away from VFW. Jim Jones would roll in his grave...
Agreed. I really don't understand it. Why don't these others join together and speak up? If they are willing to allow themselves get pushed around, then they deserve the fate the rest give them.

I'd suggest it has less to do with not wanting to rock the boat and more to do with being satisfied with how things are working.

My thoughts exactly, Mike. I think you're right on the money.

Stef

the fans should get a vote and we should be able to launch a proposal

this star chamber of DCI, with the same old faces making the same old mistakes is really rather insulting to us fans...it's like we are always lowman except when you want money...without fans, no kids, no money, no jobs

really DCI does need fresh blood and a massive management overhaul, these folks have had their chance, they failed

I’ve been watching DCI make the same mistakes and give the same excuses for almost 30 years

And I’m less satisfied with the product and their service

it’s obscene that 10 or fewer people are in charge of directing the corps and the organization to capture the audience of what they claim is over 2 million potential. Its even more obscene when most of these people have only an education and knowledge of music – sure, anyone can hire a marketing company to tell them what they want and then you get what why have gotten

more professional business acumen is needed, one that considers existing markets as well as potential new ones

They are collapsing under their own egos – they keep telling us what we should like and how shows should be while not giving any credence to our voice or wish

2 million band kids just waiting to rush in and give DCI there money? Yeah right, they’ve been saying that forever…so where are they? Where are the results? where were they last year? where were they 20 years ago? There are none, DCI is failing the fans it already has, the kids and the activity. So where is Godot?

Cowtown: If you believe "DCI does need fresh blood and a massive management overhaul" and that they've been making "the same mistakes and give the same excuses for almost 30 years" and that "more professional business acumen is needed," then please get involved in administration and work to change it. Desire is the greatest attribute needed to get on board helping out a corps. If you have the knowledge and background needed, there is some corps that would take you on. It would require the same sort of financial sacrifices that the current directors have made to do what they do, but if you're that passionate about it, think of the spiritual rewards you would have. Go for it and good luck! (And no, I'm not being sarcastic. I think we need more people who are passionate making contributions to the activity.)