Penalized for what?

The penalty system should not be used against a final score unless a tie breaker is needed.

I read a story here that a corps known as the Brigidiers once where penalized for having undersized flags and did not make finals because of it.

I'm sure threre are other silly penalties that need to still be weeded out.

What are they?

Mom

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The penalty system should not be used against a final score unless a tie breaker is needed.

I read a story here that a corps known as the Brigidiers once where penalized for having undersized flags and did not make finals because of it.

I'm sure threre are other silly penalties that need to still be weeded out.

What are they?

Mom

Boundary violations??

*ducks and runs*

I believe that would defeat the point of penalties like timing and logistical penalties. "We really don't want you practicing in the lot after shows or warming up in these areas, and if you do you will find yourself performing before the intermission instead of after at the next Regional (or worse consequences)."

I believe that would defeat the point of penalties like timing and logistical penalties. "We really don't want you practicing in the lot after shows or warming up in these areas, and if you do you will find yourself performing before the intermission instead of after at the next Regional (or worse consequences)."

You DID get the joke, right????

Missed Finals and broke up for the next 20 or so years.....

Joke?...i don't get it.

"It was me in '03"

That's the story you'll hear from any member who marched that year.

It was karma I tell ya. Marched '78 in SCV as well and won finals by a tenth because of Phantoms 1 tenth penalty. : )

I don't know what happened in '06. Any penalties should have been offset by the enclusion of a little known bonus handicap points from the 1967 VFW rules red book. (Note, not the black book used specifically for club members only.)which could have and should have been ammended to the prelims performance of any corps on the field during a hurricane. The exact handicap can be extracted from the wind speed plus the inches of rain per hour devided by one tenth. When dividing the music score by three and multiplying and few other essoteric caluculations that escape me the score can resonably be adjusted to a far more resonable divergence from the minimum and maximum score from all competitors on the field before the break.

Mom

It sucks that Southwind got a penalty for cadencing off this year.

It sucks that Southwind got a penalty for cadencing off this year.

So Southwind can't but the Cavies can? :doh::doh: