Phantom Regiment 07

I am REALLY looking forward to this show - possibly more than I looked forward to last year's.

It's the finale of the Suite. And there's no mix to it. Just like the original, but with ALOT of brass. An all Euph line really adds to the much needed balance that most Bb lines don't have.

YES!!!!!!

DAHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Dahhh dahhhh...dahhhhhhh....dahhh dahh dahhhhhhhhhahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh dah!

Phantom doing Philip Glass has me excited, and the closer from Firebird is always a favorite. I assume they're playing the 7/8 stuff from the finale? Too bad they won't be performing any of the infernal dance, that could be sweet.

Phantom has found a way to stay true to its classical music (or more appropriatly "art music") heritage and style while expanding to contemporary composers and art music such as Adams, Beible, Coriliano, and now Glass.

Great creativity and mixing of old and new music!

:worthy:

It seems as if they took a programing lesson from symphony orchestras who are all learning to balance and mix the old "war horses" that many long time patrons expect with current compositions and commisions of new orchestral pieces which appeal more to the younger audience.

Edited by shawn craig

An all Euph line really adds to the much needed balance that most Bb lines don't have.

I'm almost positive they are marching 6 baritones and 18 euphs this year. They need the baritones for Flower Duet.