DCA:THE VOTE

well, hey gang......amps failed.

not that anything can be changed, but it sure gives you all something to propose in 2 years if the new changes dont work.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MINI CORPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Put the extra 9 people in an honor guard.

Having done both, mini corps is not a substitute for a field show. It would not be possible for us to keep the interest of 21 folks all season for one performance. That's not the folks that we are currently recruiting. I think that mini corps is a great venue and there are several groups that make the most of it. I truly enjoy the T-birds, Ghost Riders et al, but for a group trying to build for the field it is not a substitute.

OK guys.............Now taking bets as to the exact date and time of Jeff Ream's 100,000th post. Any takers??

Here is what I think the voting block has done by voting in this proposal.

They have taken away any incentive to do multiple shows.Get your one show in,,go to finals and BOOM your a member.

Wow, just go to finals and you're in! Somehow I don't think it's that easy. I'm thinking lots and lots of corps busted some hump over the years getting good enough for top 10. You sure like to wash away that accomplishment. No respect.

Besides, who in the world would want to rehearse every other weekend all winter/spring long and every weekend in the summer and pay $300, $500 or $1000 in dues just to perform twice. That's absolutely silly.

Last year one of the corps that this rule potentially effects, dodged lightening bolts in Arnold.They went to the mid west to do two shows with only half the corps on the bus because people could not get off work.They did these extra shows because they had too.All of that extra work just because they wanted to be a member and have a voice at the table.

Any corps that works that hard and does that much for this activity

deserves a seat at the table.Alas the voting block didn't feel that way.

Perhaps, but maybe it would have been wiser to not do all that since MCL had all those holes in MCL's. Seems like member's welfare and morale sufferend just due to that.

Even so, great job though. Now there are apparently new rules to which all corps have to work to achieve member status.

Besides, all corps have seats at the table and voices at the meeting don't they? I think they said over 20 corps were represented at the meeting. You just don't have a vote unless you're one of the best! Plus no one took their vote away for this season for which they earned it, did they?

So that means 3 less shows that they HAVE to travel too.3 less shows that they HAVE to fund raise for and 3x times the number of travel hours left over to rehearse with.

Who Loses in all of this?

DCA Loses.Less shows =less money.

Actually I think the corps that decides to stay home and never perform or compete is the biggest loser. Can't work your way up if you never perform and never compete.

The fans lose!less shows,,less opportunity to see the corps.

And lastly the people marching the shows lose.They lose big time because they don't get time in front of the judges,they don't get time in front of the spectators and they will miss out on lots of fond memories.

DCA lost this weekend.No doubt about it.

Actually I think you need to look at the entire picture. This rule actually encourages growth of DCA by having that one show requirement. It's a good rule. And someone says they made it really easy to get the one show requirement too.

Plus, having only 10 voting members is fine. Those corps bust butt to make it there and to stay there. Arent they the the ones that created Class A and the regions and share money for all? You give no credit and no respect. Amazing.

Yeah, but think about it. They have taken away the incentive to do DCA shows. A corps from outside the NE shooting for DCA's top ten can do one DCA show in August, and then stay close to home and do DCI shows the rest of the summer for all they care.

DCA corps don't get an automatic place in DCI shows; it's not that easy. I think Gulf coast or was it Bayou CIty had some interesting experiences in that regard. Something about standing in the tunnel to go perform and then being told to leave. Ask other DCA corps; I don't think it's that easy getting into DCI shows.

Besides I don't htink it'd be that great only doing exhibitions with no competition most of the time. Not usually what most members join up for.

OK guys.............Now taking bets as to the exact date and time of Jeff Ream's 100,000th post. Any takers??

tonight :P

tonight :P

I'd say withing the hour. Looks like you're posting about once a minute. Better hurry. All this posting will probably make you sleepy.

DCA corps don't get an automatic place in DCI shows; it's not that easy. I think Gulf coast or was it Bayou CIty had some interesting experiences in that regard. Something about standing in the tunnel to go perform and then being told to leave. Ask other DCA corps; I don't think it's that easy getting into DCI shows.

Besides I don't htink it'd be that great only doing exhibitions with no competition most of the time. Not usually what most members join up for.

Don't know about the others that do DCI.

BUT

River City Regiment, SoCal Dream, and Renegades all COMPETE (are judged) all summer long at DCI shows. I think MBI, Govies also do some DCI Judged shows. They use to use Div II sheets. But now use DCA sheets. CorpsVets and Carolina Gold also do a few DCI shows. But not sure if they are judged.

So, as much as I would like ALL these Corps to only do DCA. They MUST do what is needed.