DCA:THE VOTE

Ok this is the big weekend for the DCA rule proposal concerning member corps..

As a participant in this activity I simply ask that you go to this meeting with a open mind and to vote with what will be best for the activity 5/10 years from now rather than what is best for your corps this year.

Lots of eyes will be on this issue and everyone will know how you voted.So please do the right thing.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ed, you said almost exactly what I wanted to say. I just thought I'd steal from ya to make my statement. (my edits in red)

Ok this is the big weekend for the DCA rule proposal concerning member corps..

As a participant in this activity I simply ask that you go to this meeting with a open mind and to vote with what will be best for the entire activity now and 5/10 years from now rather than what is best for just your corps this year.

Lots of eyes will be on this issue, thanks to it being brought to public discussion, instead of just being swept under the rug---no matter how "uncomfortable" it made people feel, and everyone will know how you voted. So please do the right thing for all corps.

Thank you.

Edited by LisaLisaMoMeesa

Ed, you said almost exactly what I wanted to say. I just thought I'd steal from ya to make my statement. (my edits in red)

Thank you.

Wow Great minds :P

Thanks for clearing up my 6th grade education. :P :P :P :P

FWIW I like your post better than mine. B)

"Ok this is the big weekend for the DCA rule proposal concerning member corps.

As a participant in this activity I simply ask that you go to this meeting with a open mind and to vote with what will be best for the activity 5/10 years from now rather than what is best for your corps this year.

Lots of eyes will be on this issue and everyone will know how you voted.So please do the right thing." Camel Lips 1-9-07

:rolleyes::peek::huh2::peek::peek: The PERFECT Statement. Just in time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Having had the "pleasure" of attending four previous Rules Congresses, I can say that aside from the normal posturing between rival corps (which can be worth the price of admission alone B) ), the MAJORITY (this is what prevails in a vote) of representatives from all of the corps DO want what is best for the activity.

It is the widely varying definition of what that exactly is that causes all of the friction. I see this as everyone's PASSION for this great activity, not individuals corps' secret agenda to kill off their competition.

DCA has had tremendous growth in recent years. It's continued success won't come from rules and bylaws. It will come from more DCA corps developing high-quality programs that attract more members and larger audiences at more shows. As one of my drum corps mentors always said about the corps' success, "It's all about people and money, and most of your money comes from having more people involved."

Having had the "pleasure" of attending four previous Rules Congresses, I can say that aside from the normal posturing between rival corps (which can be worth the price of admission alone B) ), the MAJORITY (this is what prevails in a vote) of representatives from all of the corps DO want what is best for the activity.

It is the widely varying definition of what that exactly is that causes all of the friction. I see this as everyone's PASSION for this great activity, not individuals corps' secret agenda to kill off their competition.

DCA has had tremendous growth in recent years. It's continued success won't come from rules and bylaws. It will come from more DCA corps developing high-quality programs that attract more members and larger audiences at more shows. As one of my drum corps mentors always said about the corps' success, "It's all about people and money, and most of your money comes from having more people involved."

Well said Dan.............I concur