Classic Countdown 2007 - new rules

I would be happy if post 2000 shows were off limits. Why not make it a true classic countdown...

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too worry about the skewing of the voting toward shows from the 2000-2006 period. I think it's up to all of us who have a pre-2000 awareness to make all of our computer literate friends/family/fellow drum corps fans aware of the vote so at least there's a chance that the voters' average age will be above 21.

Now, as for who to vote for, I hope and pray that the voting public will see the error of its way from previous Classic Countdowns and finally vote for 1987 Garfield Cadets. After seeing the threads on here dedicated to that show, I can see that the show is the favorite of many more people other than just myself. So I almost don't care who the other 7 shows are, just as long as the night ends with that truly classic show!

I wouldn't mind voting for the 1983 Cadets show if DCI would break out some additional footage from the high camera and show more of the "revolutionary" drill. The PBS broadcast version of that show is one of the worst ever. You can't tell what the heck is going on 90% of the time. Way too much of the video is taken of performers with zoom from about two inches away. DCI could really make this Classic Countdown something of a novel event if they would go back and provide additional footage to some of the older shows that is not readily available.

I would be happy if post 2000 shows were off limits. Why not make it a true classic countdown...

I believe in the concept of an "Instant Classic" :P

I believe in the concept of an "Instant Classic" :P

Sort of like that Boise State game a few weeks ago??? :)

Does anyone know if the top 30 is only one-time per corps?? If that is the case then wow......talk about interesting!!!! :wub:

move

I'll remember this the next time someone from California complains about no August drum corps shows!!!! :wub: