Classic Countdown 2007 - new rules

Once again - North Star 1979 for CC 2007!!!!!!

Anyone?

Fully agree with and actively support your nomination. However, I fear that under the proposed format it stands little chance. But that is no reason not to fight the good fight. We need to somehow organize a voting block, similar to what 27th Lancers alumni did last year - they all got together and voted for 1975 - rather than diluting over several years.

Did you march North Star?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another way to do this would be to say "Hey - we have the theaters for the whole day. Lets show all thirty corps." And publish the schedule, like they used to do in the 80s for prelims, so people could know when the shows they wanted to see were on. They could show them in chronological order, or mix it up, or whatever. Thirty corps plus four fifteen minute breaks comes out to nine and one half hours.

Another way to do this would be to say "Hey - we have the theaters for the whole day. Lets show all thirty corps." And publish the schedule, like they used to do in the 80s for prelims, so people could know when the shows they wanted to see were on. They could show them in chronological order, or mix it up, or whatever. Thirty corps plus four fifteen minute breaks comes out to nine and one half hours.

We are so fortunate to get the theaters to interupt their showing schedule for even two hours. It's got to totally mess them up for the evening to tell regular patrons that movie so-and-so won't be playing one night.

When I went two years ago, after each corps performance, a good number of people would get up and leave. I assume those people were only there to see their own performance. Just something to take into account with this new situation of not knowing which shows are going to be played.

We are so fortunate to get the theaters to interupt their showing schedule for even two hours. It's got to totally mess them up for the evening to tell regular patrons that movie so-and-so won't be playing one night.

I'm very appreciative of there letting us do this. But if they weren't making money on it, they wouldn't continue.

It's a Thursday, not a prime time weekend spot.

Last year at the theatre I went to they were deffinately loosing money on the regualar shows. If it wasn't for the Classic Countdown that place would have been a ghost town.

Most of these larger theatres have multiple showings of the hottest films. Taking one of those theatres doesn't really interupt the schedule too much.

I also noticed they are doing this for other events including 4 or 5 performnaces of Operas from the Met. They need these events to make money during the week and other "off" times.

I'm very appreciative of there letting us do this. But if they weren't making money on it, they wouldn't continue.

It's a Thursday, not a prime time weekend spot.

Last year at the theatre I went to they were deffinately loosing money on the regualar shows. If it wasn't for the Classic Countdown that place would have been a ghost town.

Most of these larger theatres have multiple showings of the hottest films. Taking one of those theatres doesn't really interupt the schedule too much.

I also noticed they are doing this for other events including 4 or 5 performnaces of Operas from the Met. They need these events to make money during the week and other "off" times.

Follow the money.

I'm in the minority, perhaps, but I've said since the beginning they shouldn't announce the lineup beforehand. I think it makes the night much more interesting.

I'll be there. :)

I l ike the idea of it also. I already own all the performances that could possibly be chosen, at least it would be exciting to be around others and guess and what-not.

~G~

I have access to a 12' projection screen with surround sound in a room with comfy chairs, a refrigerator, bathroom, etc. I won't pay to see what I already own on the first two Classic Countdowns unless they're eight different performances, or at least half new performances that I want to see. Fifty mile drive to watch performances I can stay home to see in better conditions?? I don't think so.

Still, I'll buy the DVD if it has North Star, Troopers and Suncoast on it.

I'll go to it. Actually I like the idea.

Here would be my 8.

1985 Suncoast Sound

1987 Garfield Cadets

1989 SCV

1990 Star (would pick 93 but I want to hear this show cranked)

1994 Blue Devils (for the love of God, block vote this one in!)

1995 Madison (don't like the show but it is a classic)

1996 Phantom Regiment

2002 Cavaliers