34 + ME

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wait, you shaved your head way before that,........................

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

(Sssshhhh...............they don't know that!! Kudos to Gilman for that banner...I'm STILL laughin....)

The ORIGINAL idea of this thread was to let the small units know there are many of us out here that want to HELP prevent such. We may not be able to fill a spot in the line, but many are very experienced Drum Corps people that could go into a pit and do something that would appear to be a part of a show.

That's all great and all, but all I'm saying is you shouldn't need three references, a birth certificate, a ssn card, a drivers license, a lawyer, a court order, your great great grandparents maiden names, and $6.50, just to buy a ham sandwich.

These corps pay good money out of their pockets just to make the trip to DCA, now they're being told once they get there to go away, DCA isn't interested. Or at least that's my perception of this 35 rule. Especially since it does NOT include "ALL" members.

You could technically have a 128 members and still fail to meet the 35 minimum requirement. Say a corps is on their 90th anniversary, and has one honorguard member representing each year, and only 34 in the categories that get counted. They're not allowed to compete under this rule.

but all I'm saying is you shouldn't need three references, a birth certificate, a ssn card, a drivers license, a lawyer, a court order, your great great grandparents maiden names, and $6.50, just to buy a ham sandwich.

Actually, new Homeland Security Administration rules DO require you to present all those items when buying a ham sandwich. B)

Fran

my official stance and opinion regarding the recent rule passage requiring a minimum membership of 35 to compete in DCA:

By "compete in DCA", do you mean DCA-S, DCA-C, or DCA-NE?

I assume you mean DCA-NE.

Edited by FrontierEuph

I've got a solution to all of the DCA issues.

Oh wait. Everybody hates that idea. Never mind.

Your pal,

Mike

There is no DCA-NE....that got voted down...but that is another topic :P :P

If it looks like a DCA-NE, talks like a DCA-NE, acts like a DCA-NE. . . :blink: