Gay DCI Community

Was Eddie doin a Michael imitation? LOL :P

I was thinking of the Buckwheat thing he used to do on SNL. Funny stuff.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if Gay men can't shower with straight men, what are football teams or basketball teams supposed to do? Cut gay mambers or build more locker rooms? What about college dorms that have communal bathrooms? What about the women? Should we have straight and lesbian baths?

My guess is that if anyone did or said anything obnoxious around slowsoprano, it was because they knew he was idiot enough to fall for it and get all freaked out.

That is probably the BIGGEST question around. And it would have to be answered with honesty. On both sides. They would have to know who was what. And be fair to the feelings on both sides. So build a wall between the two sides or ask them if they feel bad about it in the first place. But I think it needs to be taken into consideration.

You know as I think about it the years I spent in Corps (from ages 14 to 18) taught me more about taking people for face value rather than relying on half-baked assumptions based on some "category" they may fit into. I certainly didn't lead a sheltered childhood, growing up in the suburbs of New York you get a good idea of what goes on in the world, the truth is marching was the one of the first places I can remember that it didn't mean one thing if you were gay. Now I would never pretend to speak to someone else's experiences, but the general sense was that those folks who were gay had found a venue where it just didn't matter. We were all there for the same reason, to feel that common bond with your peers being involved with something that you're not only good at but genuinely have a blast doing and that felling of group pride is something that no one forgets. The fact that someone happened to be gay wasn't a secret because it didn't have to be, truth be told nobody really cared one way or the other. Were there jokes made? Sure, but in the context of it went both ways (ok, THAT didn't sound right!), you get 100+ kids in that age range together and everybody is fair game, believe me! I gotta tell ya, if you've been involved with Drum Corps for any length of time and you're homophobic odds are you have alot more issues than just that going on!

I was being facetious! I think everyone just needs to grow up. If you are old enough to go on tour, you should be old enough to behave yourself in the locker room. I can't believe that this is really an issue.

But as you can see it is an issue.

But as you can see it is an issue.

No, it really isn't. I have never seen this happen once.

Please, everyone keep ignoring my posts on this subject and continue to discuss this without any regard towards the opinions and experience of people who have marched multiple years in a corps with gay men.

Here's a perspective not talked about much:

What if BEING GAY didn't MATTER?

What if NOBODY CARED about one's orientation?

What if gays didn't, for want of a better term, "CLASSIFY" themselves as such? Or (IMHO) "PROMOTE" themselves as such?

Somehow, it all works out.

You love drum corps. You put the effort out, you tryout, you make the team, you sweat, you hurt, you practice, you compete, you improve, you understand the value of hard work and sacrifice, you LEARN, you get the "thrill of victory and the agony of defeat" just like everyone else involved.

Since when and why should orientation have ANY PART nor define anyone in any of the DC experience?

(unless it's what some WANT to be classified as, and are PROUD OF, and this type of thinking is just way over my paygrade!)

It's none of my business, nor anyone else's, but I repeat myself. Endlessly!

No, it really isn't. I have never seen this happen once.

Please, everyone keep ignoring my posts on this subject and continue to discuss this without any regard towards the opinions and experience of people who have marched multiple years in a corps with gay men.

Seen what happen once??????

Here's a perspective not talked about much:

What if BEING GAY didn't MATTER?

What if NOBODY CARED about one's orientation?

What if gays didn't, for want of a better term, "CLASSIFY" themselves as such? Or (IMHO) "PROMOTE" themselves as such?

Somehow, it all works out.

You love drum corps. You put the effort out, you tryout, you make the team, you sweat, you hurt, you practice, you compete, you improve, you understand the value of hard work and sacrifice, you LEARN, you get the "thrill of victory and the agony of defeat" just like everyone else involved.

Since when and why should orientation have ANY PART nor define anyone in any of the DC experience?

(unless it's what some WANT to be classified as, and are PROUD OF, and this type of thinking is just way over my paygrade!)

It's none of my business, nor anyone else's, but I repeat myself. Endlessly!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I could not say it better.

the best is when the gay guys start talking about who has the biggest ##### in the corp.

Just for the record, ALL men do this. I have been dressing in my police station lockeroom for near 20 years, and YES, this is how all men talk.

In case you didn't know, all men have em, and it's ok speak of them.

Edited by Cop