Gay DCI Community

Don't mean to ruffle your feathers but no where did I say we must have seperate showers. I was merely....pointing out... that gay people will have to accept that some heteros are going to feel uncomfortable, the same as some women, not all, would feel in the reverse situation. That is all. As far as comprehension... NO I won't ever comprehend it. I am not gay, so to truly understand it, I will never be able to. Accept who you love? Always have and always will. I have no problems with that. You don't judge who I am with, why should I judge who you are with?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

come on, people! we're all drum corps brothers here. a little less name calling?

i do think we should be sensitive to the feelings of guys who don't want to shower with homosexuals. after all, they are sexually attracted to other males. isn't that the biggest reason why women don't share locker rooms or bathrooms with guys? now i definately don't agree that showers should be segregated in drum corps. besides, there's no time (or extra showers) to do something like that anyways. but i disagree with the idea that "if you don't want to shower with homosexuals, then you're ignorant, closed-minded, etc." i guess overall i'm just frustrated with the arguments from both sides. i have no problem with the current showering situation in drum corps, but some people do, and that's ok, isn't it? let's share some respect. :beer:

Actually women don't use the same shower because men are attracted to them. I was in the Navy and the women had this same problem with other women. So it is not just one sided either. Let the Navy jokes roll. ;)

I've ignored this thread for awhile cause the topic seems so inane (Sorry guys, but really..."who showers with whom?", oh please!). But...

It strikes me that we're blaming the victim here...straight guys don't want to shower with nasty ol' gay guys cuase gay guys may find them attractive. What about the gay guys who are put in this awkward place to begin with? Gang showers are made the way they are becuase for so long straight people assumed gay people weren't there! The thought that a guy might be attractive/attracted to another guy was off the radar map...so we made showers that lumped all the guys together but separated them from the women who (presumably) men would be attracted to.

So now we have gay guys surpressing their "natural urges" so as to not offend their straight brothers (not to mention to keep from getting bashed in the shower!). Isn't the problem really that we assume gay people aren't there or that they don't matter and therefore we don't have to design showers in such away that everyone can have a modest bit of privacy?

This is a long way from drum corps, but guys we really seem stuck here.

Edited by SpartacusRocks

come on, people! we're all drum corps brothers here. a little less name calling?

i do think we should be sensitive to the feelings of guys who don't want to shower with homosexuals. after all, they are sexually attracted to other males. isn't that the biggest reason why women don't share locker rooms or bathrooms with guys? now i definately don't agree that showers should be segregated in drum corps. besides, there's no time (or extra showers) to do something like that anyways. but i disagree with the idea that "if you don't want to shower with homosexuals, then you're ignorant, closed-minded, etc." i guess overall i'm just frustrated with the arguments from both sides. i have no problem with the current showering situation in drum corps, but some people do, and that's ok, isn't it? let's share some respect. :drool:

Let's put it this way. When you've got to:

Eat dinner

Clean yourself

Clean your horn

Pack all your luggage and get it outside

Get uniformed for the show

Load everybody ELSE'S bloody luggage because you're on bus-loading crew

You really don't HAVE the time to be checking out other people in the shower.

Topic over.

I think the fact that this topic has gone on so long is ridiculous. I agree with Matt when he said this topic is over.

Edited by DrumCorpsJewBoi

Let's put it this way. When you've got to:

Eat dinner

Clean yourself

Clean your horn

Pack all your luggage and get it outside

Get uniformed for the show

Load everybody ELSE'S bloody luggage because you're on bus-loading crew

You really don't HAVE the time to be checking out other people in the shower.

Topic over.

no no it dosent take any tiem its easy u just look