Kiwanis Kavaliers

Adam, get her last name and what corps and what year she marched !!! b**bs

Might it be Susan Butler? She was a snare drummer that I marched with in the 70's

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least you're honest Jim. BTW, do you still want me to send you the DW40 for your wristes ??? :doh::doh:

I just got back from camp. I need to take a bath in WD40.... Having a great time though!

I hearby apologise to any and all bass drummers I have tought over the years. I still wouldn't change how I taught you though. ^0^

Might it be Susan Butler? She was a snare drummer that I marched with in the 70's

Wouldn't that be Jan or Joan Butler?

Ok, I have to ask this question, because it has been bothering me for a while. Wouldn't there be some ownership issues with the name Kiwanis Kavaliers? I mean that the corps was originally from the KW area, sponsored by the Kiwanis club in KW, and the first corps director being Jack Turner. The corps, I realize, went thru several changes, merging with a corps in Florida and such, but the headquarters, so to speak, was still based in KW. The corps goes inactive forone year, someone grabs the name and pulls all association from KW out of the picture, and claims it is still Kiwanis Kavaliers, and wants to keep the DI classification that goes with it. Is that truly allowable?

Edited by susantaylor40

The "legal mumbo jumbo" may make the biggest difference in the world.

At least you're honest Jim. BTW, do you still want me to send you the DW40 for your wristes ??? :blink::blink:
hey Rob, not sure if you are being silly for Jim, or if it was a typo, or what, but I know several people who say "DW40" and none of them can explain why they say it that way.

I'll be sure to get the Usher's name next time I play at the ACC...I think we are doing Feb 9 against the Cleveland Cavaliers.

OK, Adam..hey Jim, do you want some oil for your wrists ??? :blink:

I think people knew what I was talking aboot !! b**bs

OK, Adam..hey Jim, do you want some oil for your wrists ??? :blink:

I think people knew what I was talking aboot !! b**bs

Haha, I knew exactly what you were talking aboooot, I was just wondering if it was a typo, or do you routinely call it DW40? :lolhit:

Maybe this is an area that DCI should look at.

Perhaps DCI could come up with some sort of Adminstrative thing like the following.

If a group does not believe they will not be able to compete in Div I ( in say Dec or first week in Jan). They could apply for a One year drop back to Div II. Then in Dec or first week in Jan of the following year. A decision for return to Div I. Or, then become a regular Div II group. Maybe a meeting of the group and a DCI Exective Committee would have to make such a decision.

Would that not be better than sitting out of EVERYTHING for a year or so. Keep the groups operation going and in a more public way. Possibly attracting more members and sponsors.

But the messy way things are done now is horrible to ALL.