Kiwanis Kavaliers

Whoops, fixed it.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, that rule is now null and void because the process for entering Div. I has changed. When that rule was enforced with Magic, it was when corps from II/III could move to compete in Div. I quarterfinals; that's no longer the case, and now corps must be approved by a committee in order to compete in Div. I.

Can't have Div II corps beating out Div I corps for a Finals spot, now can we? :P

isnt it if you inactive for 2 seasons consecutively you haev to reorganize as DII even if you intention is to move into DI. sheesh VK has been inactive for 10 yrs and they are reorganizing as a DII and noone sees that as a step backwards. but i have a feeling in 08 they will be DI again. bye the bye, Impulse Surf and VK all in the same Division!!! DII is going to be the most entertaining one this summer.

There is no shame in being a DII corps. I find myself enjoying DII/III shows more than DI shows lately.

I am pretty sure that if a corps is inactive for more than one year, they HAVE to return to competition through Division II/III, Dutch Boy had to when they took three years to get their house together back in the mid 90's !! :rock:

But I could be wrong !! :worthy::huh::blink:

Dutch Boy returned to Div 4 if I remember correctly as the Cadets of Dutch Boy. Then went Division 2 for a few years (a big but very young corps) and for the last 5 years has been a very successful Div 3 corps. Dutch Boy wasn't forced to go through Div2/3 when they reformed, that's just the way it happened. They were rebuilding.

If this is the case, it makes one wonder what it was about South Florida that was so attractive as to move the corps operations to an area where fund raising would be seemingly impossible. The talent? Sure, there is loads of it in Florida...but there are other ways to mine talent from different parts of the country without having to move the entire corps to that area. Ask...um...well just about everybody now...everyone is holding remote camps in talent-rich areas.

M

A Kansas or Missouri Base would have been better. They would have been in reach of shows in Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Missouri, Texas, Illinois etc. A tour possible on a Div. II/III budget.

isnt it if you inactive for 2 seasons consecutively you haev to reorganize as DII even if you intention is to move into DI. sheesh VK has been inactive for 10 yrs and they are reorganizing as a DII and noone sees that as a step backwards. but i have a feeling in 08 they will be DI again. bye the bye, Impulse Surf and VK all in the same Division!!! DII is going to be the most entertaining one this summer.

Once again, this rule doesn't apply any longer now that entry into Division I is decided by a committee rather than by competitive results at II/III finals (top five) and a subsequent decision to move up by a corps.

Dutch Boy returned to Div 4 if I remember correctly as the Cadets of Dutch Boy. Then went Division 2 for a few years (a big but very young corps) and for the last 5 years has been a very successful Div 3 corps. Dutch Boy wasn't forced to go through Div2/3 when they reformed, that's just the way it happened. They were rebuilding.

Division 4 ???

Where did you get your information ??? :blink: