KK inactive for 07

Just posted on their website.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad, but not surprising. So how many have we lost this year?

3 by my count

Where on the site? Not posted anwhere I can see.

http://www.kiwaniskavaliers.org/News/Kaval...PR01252007.html

While I applaud the efforsts of those individuals who have strived to return Kiwanis Kavaliers back to the field this season, I think their decision to not field a corps this year will be one that will be beneficial in the long run. Now that they have an administration team that seems to be working their tails off to get the corps back, I hope they can utilize this non-competitive time to get the financial house back in order.

Good luck in the future, and I look forward to any news.

http://www.kiwaniskavaliers.org/News/Kaval...PR01252007.html

While I applaud the efforsts of those individuals who have strived to return Kiwanis Kavaliers back to the field this season, I think their decision to not field a corps this year will be one that will be beneficial in the long run. Now that they have an administration team that seems to be working their tails off to get the corps back, I hope they can utilize this non-competitive time to get the financial house back in order.

Good luck in the future, and I look forward to any news.

I think it depends on the corps and circumstances but mostly I'd say yes. They should go to Div II until they have things together enough for a full div I tour.

In KK's case, they're "officially" relocating to Florida (I hope, seems like most Florida corps have a problem here). They can take the time to build some real support and a financial base. When they do start to tour again, they can do weekend tours on the East coast for the start, then go up further later in the summer and then to championships. Save money and build more of a local support base.

Troopers are an exception. Coming from Wyoming they simply can't do weekend div II tours. They also have a longer history, more alumni and other resources to pull from.