Official Season 7 Discussion Thread

Lakers make 7th at Murfreesboro, 8th for the night in DI (The Knights were the only corps outside the Masters to beat GL)

:)

I'm pleased with these numbers, bring on finals week.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like my caption changes went through... I didn't get a reply back though so I

have no idea for oracle! I have 2

changes which I'll exercise my right to use them tomorrow:)

Mystre showed up and took second at Masters! Focus show tomorrow.

What is happening to me is that I'm fliping years and keeping corps.

05 pio to 06 pio for example

This has been every issue I had this season.

I'm not going to ask for something to be changed that I'm going to change today. That change was a two show deal anyway. :)

Kosmos wins... for now.

See you guys at finals.

Edited by CloudHype

What is happening to me is that I'm fliping years and keeping corps.

05 pio to 06 pio for example

This has been every issue I had this season.

I'm not going to ask for something to be changed that I'm going to change today. That change was a two show deal anyway. :)

Kosmos wins... for now.

See you guys at finals.

Going to add one more thing.

John AND Matt have been very good at fixing problems when they happen.

I always go public to get some fantasy drama going and to get the boards busy. :)

Going to add one more thing.

John AND Matt have been very good at fixing problems when they happen.

I always go public to get some fantasy drama going and to get the boards busy. :)

I have confirmed that a transcription error in the tabulation sheet resulted in an incorrect score being recorded for Mystre in the Guard caption. I have corrected the score on the official results page and notified the affected corps directors, as there was a change in placement.

Our apologies for the error and any confusion caused.

Personal note: I would like to point out that the manual task that Matt/Galen has undertaken this season has been a yeoman's job - which he has done with an incredibly small number of errors. As with any human transcription and calculation process, there are bound to be errors. Our objective has been to be as-accurate as possible - then quickly investigate and correct all problems that are brought to our attention. From my perspective - Matt has done a great job with this .... and we all owe him a great deal of gratitude for a job well-done.

Thank you, CloudHype, for recognizing our efforts.

We're working on creating a customized fully-automated calculation system that should reduce the number of transcription errors in future seasons.

Thank you for your patience and support.

-john

Sorry to be pointing out more scoring mistakes, but this one is partially my fault. I sent caption changes in on Friday to go into effect for last night's show. Unfortunately, I read my schedule wrong and said my corp was attending the Nashville, TN show. They attended the Atlanta, GA show. The changes were sent to statistics@drumcorpfantasy.com. Should I resend the changes with the correct show information, or can my captions be fixed for tonight's show?

Thanks for all the hard work that is going into this league, and I'm very sorry about my mistake. I hope it can be fixed asap.

Sorry to be pointing out more scoring mistakes, but this one is partially my fault. I sent caption changes in on Friday to go into effect for last night's show. Unfortunately, I read my schedule wrong and said my corp was attending the Nashville, TN show. They attended the Atlanta, GA show. The changes were sent to statistics@drumcorpfantasy.com. Should I resend the changes with the correct show information, or can my captions be fixed for tonight's show?

Thanks for all the hard work that is going into this league, and I'm very sorry about my mistake. I hope it can be fixed asap.

The first problem is that we have no such email address "statistics@drumcorpsfantasy.com". Sorry - it doesn't exist ... which may explain why your changes were not received (or implemented).

ALL caption changes MUST be submitted using the "Caption Selection Form" on the DCPi main site. The menu item for this form is only available to directors once they've logged-in to the site. The "Caption Selection Form" will allow you make your selections from a drop-down menu .... then records your choices in our master database and will send you an email as confirmation that your choices have been received. If, for some reason, you do not receive this 'receipt' within a few minutes of completing your submission - please re-submit one time. If you continue to have problems, contact Matt/Galen or I.

Without your submission in the database, I am afraid that there is nothing we can do to assist for the previous show. Get your submissions in using the "Caption Selection Form" on the site .... and we'll get them in-place as soon as we can.

-john

Hey John, I have an interesting problem - kind of like INergy, but mine's just scheduling. On the DCPI list Blue Angels should have been in Nashville and White Stars in Atlanta, I had that written down too. However, last night they were switched. Can this be fixed? Thanks. :)