The perfect way to solve the issue of whether today's

I just wanted to say that the polling of the members seems like a really good idea. It would be great as a marching member to say where they want the direction of drum corps to go. It probably isn't feasible with the way the BoD works and the politics of the situation. But if you really wanted to know what is best for the activity, ask the marchers. The marching members are the ones who contribute their money, their summers, and their passion to this activity. I don't know for sure the opinion of these members, but I bet it is not always the same as the corps directors. It probably will not happen, but it would be great to see some member feedback on the new changes occuring in DCI.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You will never support the Cadets, Crossmen, Blue Devils, Blue Stars, Boston Crusaders ever again?

Even though you have posted many times about how "excited" you are about some of these corps in 2007.

You have. I can prove it.

When you say things like this, all your credibility goes out the window.

Oh, I was talking about electronics, not amplification. And I don't see the Boston Crusaders going down the vocal amplification route ever again.

I needed a good laugh.

Crass and cheesy. Sorry man but that was uncalled for....

I know, I didn't think that show was called for either.

But you supported it by watching the show. You knew the vocals were in there.

I'm still waiting to see hot dogs stands crowded with people when the Cadets perform. Never seems to happen for some reason.

I know, I didn't think that show was called for either.

You know, we all have our opinions on that show, but they are still a consistent top 6 corps and you can't bad mouth success.

But you supported it by watching the show. You knew the vocals were in there.

I'm still waiting to see hot dogs stands crowded with people when the Cadets perform. Never seems to happen for some reason.

Well, the first time I saw the show, back in June, is was PUMPED and I thought it would be the BEST SHOW EVER (I didn't know anything about it at the time). Instead, I threw up a little in my mouth.

Then in Atlanta, I watched it because I wanted to see the new beginning.

And at finals, I didn't feel like having to go all the way back up to my seat...and other reasons. :sshh:

Edited by Hrothgar15

Watching it now...it's not bad for high school competitive stuff. :)

However, one thing that strikes me is that theres a great reliance on solo and soli sections in this type of show... almost relegating the band proper to background and loud impacts every so often.

Independent of the "woodwinds argument" (which isn't relevant to this), do you think that electronics will move shows in drum corps towards this type of production?

As with Drum Corps seeing it on video doesn't come close to doing it justice like being there live.

But being heavily envolved in both groups as a staff member and fan (not saying for which of course :) ) I see electronics as being a part of drum corps soon. If we like it or not.

All of the kids who are in these competitive marching bands are used to this type of stuff and it is this same group who are the future drumcorps members.

It just my opinion of course but, if and when electronics come to be in drum corps there will be people who do a good job of intergrating it and there will be those that go overboard. Just like with narration.

Once again just my opinion.